Unleashing the potential of liverpool's Youth ?

marksmithlfc

Reaction score
Hi all , I have tried many times on FM to just play all the youngsters but it seems i just cannot get the full potential out of the like of Ibe , Wilson and the likes of Rossiter .

But i have seen people on these forums say that they are great players in the Future , But for the life of me i just cannot get them to be any good, Always selling them after 2 seasons as their stats have not really increased to the world beaters that some have said on the Forums .

Any Help wold be much appreciated or a Training regime to max out these Youth player's #LFC all the way

I had most of my youth improve to first team status, I dislike loans and play my youth in all friendlies and as many first team matches as possible. IMO playing your youth in first team matches is much more effective than loans in most cases.

Also, as soon as any youth player complains about training workload or the individual training they are on, change it as soon as possible so they don't stagnate.

But Surely You Cannot play these Guys straight into the Liverpool First team during prem season , liverpool would mostly get mid table and get me Fired !?

But Surely You Cannot play these Guys straight into the Liverpool First team during prem season , liverpool would mostly get mid table and get me Fired !?

Don't play them all the time, from the start just play them or sub them on occasionally mainly in cup matches. As they get better you can afford to play them more often too. If you want to develop all your youngsters this way, it wouldn't be possible but you could loan some out and develop your best youngsters instead.

I play an entire second squad in every non-league game. Gets my youngsters 10-15 games a season until they are ready for the big time.

I only loan players who will never be first teamers to increase their value.

the reason why they dont develop really well is because the Potential ability isnt even that high. i think rossiter potenial if you use genie scout is like 150 same with jordan ibe. Sports interactive have vastly underrated some of the lfc youngsters.

Yeah ok i have done what most people have done but this does not really do anything i suppose i can only blame the game and their stats , i have tried everything but thanks for the help peeps all the best !

I made a conscious decision at the start of my save to play Sinclair, Rossiter and Wilson as much as possible and it's worked well, Sinclair is over 100 goals for me now and Wilson is valued at 20M, just give them as much game time as possible. It depends on luck as well because they are a negative PA their potential will vary so much from save to save

Do it as an experiment... On my RMA save i sold Modric and Benzema and played Medran and Raul De Tomas, because WHY THE **** NOT it's just a game and it adds a bit of challenge to playing as a big team (LFC is a big team too)

Back