Unrealistic expectations

celticontour

Reaction score
The one thing that annoys me more than anything other in fm12 is the unrealistic ambitions of fans/board, i.e im luton got beat 3-1 in the fa cup 3rd round of southampton after playing well, fans are disappointed, loss 2-0 to barcelona away with celtic fans are disappointed, could give you many more examples, overall its a great game but unrealistic things like this just ruin it

My favorite one was I had gotten Grimsby Town promoted to the nPower 1 from BS and was on a 10 game losing streak due to my team really having no business being in that league. I played Bristol City which had been recently relegated but was far superior to everyone and on an 8 game win streak, crushing opponents regularly. Somehow, beyond all miracles, I ended up losing by just one goal that was scored in the 92nd minute. My fans were 'devastated' by the result and the board let it be known that they had made note of it as well. I was thinking that I should be bronzed and put outside the pitch as a monument to great coaching and they wanted me skewered!

I had this with Charlton in my first season in the premiership. The fans were even disappointed to draw away v top 4 teams! I've had players unhappy with league position when I finished comfortably 8th in my first season in the premiership. It's ridiculous. I know fans can be unrealistic IRL but getting back to back promotions, a trophy and a 8th place finish in 3 seasons with a league 1 team and the fans aren't estatic?

Back