Unrealistic transfer sale values

• Thread starter Thread starter lsamped
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2K

lsamped

Reaction score
Why are the sale values of players in football manager remarkably higher than they are in real life?for example, I just read an article about van persie moving to AC Milan. The article stated that Milan would be offering around 30 million for him. In footballmmanager however, you cannot sign him for less than 127 million according to my genie scout.

Firstly, there are articles posted every day that are 99.5% ****, why would this one be any different.

Secondly, the reason he is valued at £127m is because they don't want or have to sell him. In real life his contract is running out soon and is yet to agree a new one meaning his value decreases.. This happens on FM, too.

As Andy says, they dont wish to sell him, its not even a real valuation its just to meant to put people off signing him. For the most part its correct in valuations it was the same with Cristiano Ronaldo, the only difference Real Madrid actually came forward with the money :D. If you really want a player you gotta work on them in the media, you probably could get his price down by making him unhappy at Arsenal.

I think it's because it just a game, my reasons are: I spend on average £20m+ per season, which in real life newcastle couldnt do, and most other clubs in the game spend a lot more, loads of coming and goings for every club every transfer window. Plus they dont want to make it too easy to sign the best players i suppose. Van persie costing less than Andy Carroll, now that is funny, imagine if he had 2 years+ left on his contract he would be worth treble that.

This is just my opinion though.

Modric signed a massive new contract with me and Real Madrid offered £4.5 million

It's just the way the game works. The other teams offer exactly the valuation of my players and expect me to sign their players for about 4x their valuation

The game is processed in a certain way to offer or estimate the value of a player according to their statistics

Back