unreasonable expectations?

• Thread starter Thread starter fmblggr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

fmblggr

Reaction score
I've been playing the series since 09 or so, but have finally found some time to play the newest version. My first game was with FC Brussels. We won the Second League in season one and finished third in the Pro League in season two. The board's minimum expectations seem steep in season three, as they want me to play in European competition. This seems like a pretty big jump to me, especially for a team with very bad financial support. Is this common in the new game? Am I likely to be fired if I finish 5th in the league, but don't make Europe in Belgium's odd qualifying system?

Thanks.

I don't know if its common in the new game but...

Season 6 on my game. I'm in the Blue Square Premier. I've missed out on the play-off's by 1 & 2 points the last two seasons.

This season I'm predicted to finish 1st. How they work that one out without me making the play-off's yet is beyond me. I'm currently 8th, my job is insecure but I feel I'll get the boot anywhere below 5th as we wouldn't be challenge for promotion (via. play-off's).

I can't see you getting sacked as long as you get somewhat close to these expectations, i mean you finished 3rd which is a great achievement so a repeat of that should be good enough.

I can't see you getting sacked as long as you get somewhat close to these expectations, i mean you finished 3rd which is a great achievement so a repeat of that should be good enough.

I don't want to worry you on this one, but as QPR in my last save, they sacked me for finishing 13th in my 3rd season, my season expectation was a top half finish. Sacked for 3 places difference.

I think the chairman mentality counts a lot

I don't want to worry you on this one, but as QPR in my last save, they sacked me for finishing 13th in my 3rd season, my season expectation was a top half finish. Sacked for 3 places difference.

I think the chairman mentality counts a lot

That just seems quite unlucky, did you ever talk to the board about your job and try convince them to keep you on, i did that when i was below my season expectations and i kept my job, not sure if i would of been sacked.

Back