Unsung Heros

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 783

CJACKO11

Reaction score
I just wondered if there was any players in your club that you think are unsung heros. not genuinly Underated but players that maybe dont play alot but seem to be just happy being at the club and play when they are needed.

My Nomination for Chelsea would have to be Paulo Ferriera, although he is a pretty decent full back and was first team in his earlier years at Chelsea Paulo rarely gets games these days but when he does he is a steady, realiable footballer.

Discuss your Choices and why?

Last edited:
Not sure about 'my club', but for the teams I support I'd say Abidal is pretty unsung, his defending has been solid and he's seen as one of the most 'dull' stars in the Barca side, and hugely under-rated considering his experience. For Arsenal I don't especially think we have any unsung heroes in the current line-up, but Diaby is definitely better than people give him credit for, though he'll always be behind Cesc and Song if they're fit.

Other more obvious ones would be Park, brilliant footballer, Dacourt was pretty good in his heyday breaking up attacks. It's pretty hard to find a 'steady' player who comes off the bench and is reliable without being under-rated though.

Perhaps Solksjaer is the main example I'd take, he was brilliant off the bench, pretty good when starting the game.. but Cole and Yorke always got the nod ahead of him. Maybe that's the kind of player you mean :)

Not sure about 'my club', but for the teams I support I'd say Abidal is pretty unsung, his defending has been solid and he's seen as one of the most 'dull' stars in the Barca side, and hugely under-rated considering his experience. For Arsenal I don't especially think we have any unsung heroes in the current line-up, but Diaby is definitely better than people give him credit for, though he'll always be behind Cesc and Song if they're fit.

Other more obvious ones would be Park, brilliant footballer, Dacourt was pretty good in his heyday breaking up attacks. It's pretty hard to find a 'steady' player who comes off the bench and is reliable without being under-rated though.

Perhaps Solksjaer is the main example I'd take, he was brilliant off the bench, pretty good when starting the game.. but Cole and Yorke always got the nod ahead of him. Maybe that's the kind of player you mean :)

Ole Gunner would exacly be the kind of player i mean mate.

Definately Paulo. I've never heard him once complain or moan, even when he was left out of last years Champions League squad.

Another player I would say is Beniot Assou-Ekotto. Usually solid at left back but more recently he has been overshadowed by his left sided compatriot Gareth Bale, who has been subject to all the praise.

Dirk Kuyt.

yer very much agreed. its only when these players leave/retire that you realise how much they dont for the club. I would add in recent past times for Chelsea Claude Makelele and Eidur Gudjohnsen.

Kuyt is ******* awesome.

Liverpool's would have to be Skrtel IMO.

John o'shea. Your opening post pretty much sums him up.
He's just happy to be at united.

Last edited:
Richard Hughes

my god pompey fans love the bloke lol.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

John o'shea. You opening post pretty much sums him up.
He's just happy to be at united.

i have always rated o'shea, he is always solid when called upon.

Dirk Kuyt
Park ji-Sung
Mikel/Carrick (true central mids are vastly underrated)
Fletcher
Lucas
Danny Murphy
Thudd
Kompany (amazed at how many people cant see that he is easily city's best defender)

None atm.

I think Flamini was underrated though. I remember when he filled in at left back when Cole was injured and he played really well. Cole was fit for the champions league final and he got dropped, totally unfair imo.

Back