Up the 'Tics! - The return of Wigan Athletic

moff1991

Reaction score
So I've just had a kid.. Gone are the days of weekend binges on FM and rattling off 30-40 season saves. My FM time now consists of sitting in a corner of the office on lunch breaks and getting funny looks from my colleagues as I tell my laptop that he was never offside and that somehow the match engine is to blame for everything in life.

I've not done an FM story since 2014 and thought it's time to make a return. I'll be taking over my hometown club Wigan Athletic with the goal of getting back to the top table and hopefully pick up some silverware without falling through the trap door.... Again... Can it be done? How long will it take? Is Will Grigg on fire? So many questions!

With my last story, I was very rigid with my updates, one for pre-season, one per transfer window and a season update at each international break. This time out I'll kind of follow the same format but may post more/less depending how things go! Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this. As a fellow adult who has had to give up time on FM to make way for children etc I know the feeling all to well.

At least I'm not alone!! Hopefully my first update coming today :D

View attachment 32014
Season One - Update One

The Squad
My first thoughts looking at the squad is that there's definitely a balance issue. Antonee Robinson, currently on loan from Everton, being the only left back will need backup. I've addressed this issue by getting yet another left back on loan from Everton in the form of Brendan Galloway who on first impressions will make for a very capable backup option. Moving further up the flanks and there's SIX wingers to choose from. Callum McManaman makes for easy selection out of necessity, being the only first team player at the club classed as home-grown means he must be involved in the matchday squad to comply with Championship squad rules.

Transfers
With the Transfer window now closed, there's not much business to discuss. My only inbound player was the previously mentioned Galloway on loan and the only outgoing was central midfielder Shaun MacDonald who was the subject of a £625k bid from Ipswich. My tactics only allow for two central midfielders and decided that this was a loss I was prepared to accept, especially considering he was most likely not going to be starting on a regular basis.

Pre-Season
Played five, won five. So far so good in terms of the team taking to my formation and tactics! Lots of possession and chances are hopefully a sign of things to come. I am slightly concerned with my defence going into the new season with a few sloppy goals being conceded especially when giving the ball away in midfield, something to work on going forward.

Season
It's been a mixed start so far. A 1-0 win at home to Sheff Wednesday on the opening day and a dominant start to the season with 18 shots, 10 on target and 63% possession, the only criticism being it could and probably should have been more... Need to be more clinical in future! The ghosts of pre-season came back to haunt me on matchday two away to Villa. Another dominant performance with 60% possession and 8 more shots than the home side but a sloppy bit of play at the back from young Cedric Kipre gifted Tammy Abraham a goal which proved enough to give Aston Villa a 1-0 win.. Time to dig a little deeper in the training schedules perhaps?
Next up was a home tie in the Carabao Cup against Carisle. After storming to an early 3-0 lead once again defensive complacency crept in and all of a sudden it was 3-2! Kal Naismith put an end to the contest on 83 minutes to secure a 4-2 victory but something needs to be done at the back before it costs me. With the exception of Aston Villa, goalscoring clearly isn't a problem, even with Will Grigg out for 6 weeks! But I can't rely on my front men to score 3+ a game just to make sure I win...

Last edited:
View attachment 32011
Season One - Update Two (August 2018)
League

After an immense start to life in the Championship, we're top of the league! Five games in and with only the sole defeat to Aston Villa to tarnish my record, I find myself on 12 points and one clear of 2nd place Sheffield United. It's not exactly been against the easiest of opponents either, with Stoke, Notts Forest and Aston Villa all expected to be challenging at the top end of the table come May. There's been two clean sheets out of five and in the other three I've only conceded one goal but that doesn't reflect the fact that my defensive concerns still linger. Sam Morsy is supposed to be the man protecting my back four but he is currently the main culprit for giving up possession for the counter attacks I consistently concede from. I don't really have enough room in the squad for more loan signings and with a relatively modest budget it might not be something I can do much about in terms of personnel. I don't think the real world takeover which was finalised over the weekend is written into the game, as Dave Whelan is currently happy to stay at the club. There must be something tactical I can do but I'm not too keen to tinker when things are currently going well.

#Cupset
A keen eye to the schedule above will have spotted a win in the Carabao Cup 2nd round against Premier League opposition in Wolverhampton Wanderers! Although this isn't the biggest of scalps it's still a win against a team from a higher division and even more impressive given I used this game as an opportunity to rotate a couple of players in need of a rest. It's not just the result I'm happy with, it was the performance to go with it AND shutting the door in the final 15 minutes after Nick Powell saw red. A home tie against Luton is the reward for this fine display.. Too soon to dream of Wembley??
How to Solve a Problem Like Nick Powell?
The Wolves game is the latest edition in what is becoming a catalogue of issues that I have with the Wigan talisman. It first started in pre-season when he was unhappy with the amount of physical training the team was currently doing, he's distracted by Crystal Palace showing an interest in him, he has the 2nd lowest average rating of players to have featured in five games or more and finally he doesn't seem to buy into the high press as much as his team mates which is causing a problem tactically. In normal circumstances I would just drop him and see what Palace are willing to offer come January but not only is he a key player, he has a lot of sway in the dressing room and I don't want to risk upsetting the apple cart. This red card is an opportunity for Josh Windass to step up and an excuse I can use for not picking Powell for a couple of games but I'm not sure where this leaves him going forward...

Named August Manager of the Month!

Last edited:
Hmmmm naughty Nick! The red card has perhaps come at the perfect time. Have to drop him and if pick up wins then he can't grumble about not being picked. Is there anyone that he is close to that you can get to talk to him? At the end of the day if he is ditracted then he needs to play well to impress as poor performances won't prompt anyone to buy him. Shame there isn't a "kick boot/throw cup across the room in their direction" option

Hmmmm naughty Nick! The red card has perhaps come at the perfect time. Have to drop him and if pick up wins then he can't grumble about not being picked. Is there anyone that he is close to that you can get to talk to him? At the end of the day if he is ditracted then he needs to play well to impress as poor performances won't prompt anyone to buy him. Shame there isn't a "kick boot/throw cup across the room in their direction" option

We'll see how he responds to a couple weeks on the bench.. Rotherham are up next so I suppose it actually is the perfect time for him to be suspended/dropped!

View attachment 30620
Season One - Update Three (Oct 2nd 2018)
The League
It's been an absolute dream start to life in the Championship and I couldn't be happier.. I am genuinely struggling to explain why things are going so well! I was tipped to be involved in a relegation scrap at the start of the season and after ten games, I'm sat at the top and I'm three points clear. Stand out results this month being a 1-0 win at home to Bristol City on the back of two consecutive draws. Not only did this end my run of 5 league games without a clean sheet but once again, I found myself down to ten men after a sending off after 35 minutes.. Against Norwich I again found myself down to ten men on 25 minutes after probably the most disgusting tackle I've ever seen on FM from Alex Bruce. Two feet, knee high and the ball was a good 5-10 metres away.. Senseless! the score was 1-0 at the time and we went on to win 4-0?? Grigg clearly didn't care about numerical disadvantage, completing a second half hattrick.

Carabao Cup
The win over Wolves set up an eventful home tie vs Luton. I took it as an opportunity to rest nearly all of the usual starting eleven and a couple of debuts to some of the brighter stars in the youth system in Victor Maffeo (brother of ex-city full back Pablo) and Alex Perry whom I admit I've never heard of. With neither team interested in the art of defending the match finished 4-2. The draw sees me taking on more Premier League opposition in the 4th round but this time, Arsenal will be in town.

Man Discovers Fire
The rumours are true, Will Grigg is on fire! seven goals in six appearances, two of which came from the bench. Only Benick Afobe has scored more in the Championship (nine) and he has started all ten league games for The Potters this season. Getting the most out of my strikers is something I've consistently struggled with in the past but this change in tactic to what I suppose is a variant of 'Gegenpress' rather than my usual possession & short passing approach is seeing me relying less on goals from midfield.

Championship Cafu
And now an honourable mention to Nathan Byrne. At this point I now admit that I am in fact a Manchester City fan, rather than supporting my home town team *SHAME*. My first impression of Byrne in the real world was watching him keep Leroy Sane in his pocket for 90 minutes and making incisive runs forward which caused City all sorts of headaches at the back, something which nearly all Premier League full backs failed to do last season. With this in mind I was surprised on my last visit to the DW Stadium to be told by my brother, a season ticket holder, that Byrne struggles to get a game after the arrival of Reece James on loan from Chelsea. (Paul Cook, if you're reading this, we need to talk...)
I digress, Byrne has been instrumental for me so far this season notching up five assists and 2 MOTM awards from eight appearances. He is currently joint 2nd with Stewart Downing in the Championship assists leaderboard and the only defender to feature in the top ten.

Discpline
As mentioned earlier, I've had two red cards in September, add that to Nick Powell's red in August and the fact that Nick is now once again suspended for collecting five yellow cards, it's safe to say I have a bit of a discpline problem. Not to mention I have been fined TWICE already this season by the FA for totting up too many yellow cards in a single game (six and seven). I've always used the 'get stuck in' instruction but perhaps this group are going a step too far... Going to turn it off for the next few games and see what happens.

Last edited:
The team are obviously so confident they feel it only fair to give the other team a chance by gogin down to 10 men.

View attachment 29808
Season One - Update Three (Dec 3rd 18)

League
Form's dipped significantly in the last couple months which at the moment I'm putting down to injury and suspensions but I fear that teams are starting to figure me out. I suppose I caught opposition by surprise earlier in the season by playing an attacking philosophy as a team expected to be battling relegation so from that perspective I can believe teams were underestimating me but are now setting up to take me more seriously. Fortunately the teams chasing me are also going through a run of bad results so I'm still top of the pile but there's only a point between Brentford and myself.
The 3-0 loss to Sheff United bothered me but nowhere near as much as the defeat away to arch rivals Bolton. Having convincingly won the first of two consecutive Lancashire derbies three days earlier against Blackburn, confidence was high going into this one and I was perhaps a little over-zealous in the press conference which left me with egg on my face... Lesson learned.
Carabao Cup
Arsenal have put my cup run to bed with a 3-1 victory but the scoreline certainly did not reflect the way the match went. The Gunners took it as an opportunity to rest one or two players but still fielded a strong starting XI with names such as Lacazette, Ramsey and Xhaka all featuring. It looked as though we would be going into half time 1-0 down but a real sucker punch was landed as Kevin Friend awarded a dubious penalty on the stroke of half time. Michael Jacobs made it 2-1 minutes into the second half and it was a real contest for the duration, with Grigg and Gavin Massey both hitting the woodwork but Kolasinac confirmed the result on 83 minutes with a deflected shot from the edge of the area. When one dream dies, another is born and the FA Cup 3rd round gives me a shot at revenge - Sheffield United away!

Ownership Update
At the start of my save I pondered whether SI had included the Wigan takeover in the game. The Hong Kong based IEC formally completed the takeover of Wigan Athletic on Saturday 7th November after the Leeds game but this change is not in game. However, a news story has recently broke that Dave Whelan is now looking to "hand the club over to younger hands"... Exciting times ahead... Maybe...

#Brexit
Brexit is upon us and the squad rules have been announced. I've not been dealt a bad hand here but I can see work permits being an issue when trying to hoover up foreign young talents as future prospects. Time will tell whether or not this is the case but the silver lining being that it will force clubs to develop English talent, which isn't a bad thing!

View attachment 28860
Season One - Update Four (Feb 2nd 2019)

Transfer Window
I wanted to cover the January Transfer Window before taking a look back at how the league is going as there has beensome MAJOR developments. My captain has abandoned ship! Sam Morsy has moved to West Brom for an initial fee of £8.5m, rising to £11.5m subject to appearances. After fighting off a couple of bids as soon as the window opened, this bid was deemed "too good to refuse" by the chairman and I was inclined to agree. However it didn't stop me offering him a new deal in a last ditch attempt to persuade him to stay, I even promised promotion! It wasn't enough...
I awarded the captain's armband to Chey Dunkley and before I knew it, Sunderland were in for him!! There was absolutely no way I was losing two captains in as many weeks and I flat out rejected any bid that came in. Relentless in their efforts, Sunderland came in with a third bid of £3.7m and once again, the chairman stepped in to accept the bid. This time I put my foot down, how could the chairman do this to me again? It's not like we needed the money after the Morsy deal! The board decided to cancel the transfer after my protests and most importantly, Chey was more than happy to stay. My attention then turned to retaining the rest of my key players, with Nick Powell, Michael Jacobs and Will Grigg all attracting interest. Earlier in the season I would've been more than happy to offload Powell given his antics but an upturn in form and the loss of Morsy has made me unwilling to listen to any offers. So much so that I offered the trio new deals, all of which have been accepted. Other notable outbounds are Alex Bruce to Burton Albion for £30k, he failed to make an impact on the first team and with his current deal expiring at the end of the season, I was happy to take whatever I could get for him. Sunderland have opted to make their loan of Max Power a permanent deal, coughing up £500k, Gary Roberts has joined Shrewsbury Town on loan until the end of the season and James Vaughan has signed a pre-contract with Hibernians and will link up with them at the end of the season.

Now for the inbounds! Morsy simply needed to be replaced and a quick glance at the transfer market identified an ideal replacement in Alexander Tetty. It wasn't to be. High wage demands and a ridiculous agent fee being the reason this one fell through and my attentions turned to David Meyler. Not only are they similar ability wise, but Meyler is younger and available for almost half the price at a cool £1.3m. The negotiations being much more straightforward this time around and I got my man on a two year deal. The fans were still deflated however, Morsy was a firm favourite at the club and everyone was gutted to lose him, I had to do something.. My attentions turned to the hero of the 2013 FA Cup final, the transfer-listed Ben Watson! Watson initially left Wigan following relegation to League One but four years later Ben is back! Latics fans broke the internet after news broke of his 18 month deal and the feel good factor was back. The last bit of business was to snap up young goalkeeper Robby McCrorie from Rangers. At 20 years of age, he is already better than my existing back up and for £175k it's more than worth taking a punt on. Finally the Lee Evans loan deal from Sheff Utd was made permanent on January 1st, this was already agreed before I took on the Wigan role.

The League
Back to December now and what a miserable winter it's been so far. As mentioned in the last update I started the month with a loss to arch rivals Bolton which was followed up by draws against Derby and Ipswich. A big 4-2 win against Birmingham ended my winless run but a 1-0 defeat away to West Brom quickly snuffed out any hope of a revival in form. Two wins in the next two against Swansea and Sheff Utd were quickly followed by three straight defeats to Aston Villa, Sheff Weds and Sheff Utd also knocked me out of the FA Cup. January came to a close with a 2-1 victory away to Notts Forest. From a possible 33 points on offer, I managed to pick up 14. This is a far cry from my early season form and if things don't improve soon, I can kiss my promotion dream goodbye. February got off to an... interesting start when QPR came to town. For the first time in my FM history which spans thousands of hours, I saw TEN goals scored in a single game with a 7-3 win. Honourable mention to Michael Jacobs for chipping in a goal and four assists! As negative as I have been towards my recent league form, I'm still 2nd and I'm still only a point away from draw-happy Brentford at the top.. In true Northern fashion, we're keeping the faith!

Last edited:
View attachment 28053
Season One - Update Five (April 1st 2019)

Wigan Athletic PLC
The club has a new owner! Fawaz Al-Hawasi has completed the takeover of Wigan Athletic for a surprisingly low amount (less than half of the transfer fee I received for Sam Morsy...) There's not been any changes of note really other than an increase to 85% of transfer revenue retained. Going forward the club has been converted to a PLC with in the hope that this will generate more revenue. Time will tell.
The League
With only seven games of the regular season remaining, we're flying high and clear at the top of the Championship with 75 points! The north seems to be dominating the league this year with Blackburn occupying 2nd place (70), Stoke 3rd (67) and Bolton lie 4th (65). Wins in March over Blackburn and Bolton as part of a seven game unbeaten run has played a significant role in asserting myself as league leaders and if we can keep it up for a couple more weeks, promotion could be in the bag with a few games to spare. My run-in could definitely be trickier but I'm certainly not overlooking anyone. My biggest challenge on paper will be Leeds away, who are looking to make a playoffs push and if I can get to that game with an even bigger cushion than I currently I have I will be very, very happy.

Youth
The fresh batch of young players has landed in the academy with one particularly bright star. Adam Wright is a born and bred Wiganer and has the potential to be the man between the sticks for a decade and I'll certainly be keeping an eye on his development. Another young prospect who has found himself in and around the first team is 16-year old Joe Gelhardt. Callum McManaman is out for the season and with Victor Maffeo proving ineffective, I've opted to give the boy a seat on the bench and the odd run out. Ability wise he isn't too far behind third choice striker James Vaughan and I'm hoping to see him on the scoresheet before the season's done. The u18s have some silverware to play for too! The kids have managed to reach the FA Youth Cup Final after overcoming a 4-2 first leg defeat at the hands of Shrewsbury Town. A 3-2 victory over Man United in the 3rd round has to be the highlight of this run and I'll certainly be watching the final clash against Chelsea with anticipation. Good luck lads!

Named March Manager of the Month

Last edited:
View attachment 27920
Season One - Update Six (April 17th 2019)

The Final Countdown!
It's only been two weeks since my last update but after picking up seven points in the last three games, I have mathematically secured myself a spot in the playoffs with four games to spare. Had I been offered that at the start of the season I would've snatched it with both hands but there are bigger prizes on offer... I am currently six points clear of Blackburn in 2nd and behind them are West Brom in 3rd whom are two points further back. Next game? A Good Friday trip to Leeds away who are currently 4th! A win here could see me secure Premier League status depending how the Baggies fare against Hull but if I don't get over the line this week, my final three games are all relegation contenders in the form of Preston, Birmingham and Millwall. I'm still pinching myself and starting to get a bit giddy but need to put all of that to the back of my mind, there's still a job to do!
Youth Double?
The u18s have backed up reaching the FA Youth Cup Final by winning Division 3 North-West with two games to spare! A draw at home to Port Vale was enough to mathematically secure top spot. Let's hope some of these kids can really kick on from this season and force their way into the first team.

Last edited:
View attachment 27675
Season One Review

#CHAMPIONS
We did it!!! After drawing away to Leeds, Wins against Preston and Birmingham secured top spot in the Championship with one game to spare. Starting off as a candidate for relegation, I set myself an ambitious target of finishing in the top half. Of course I could never tell my players this or, more importantly, the board. We kicked off in August with the goal of avoiding being caught up in the relegation scrap and this was a goal everyone was happy to accept. Fast forward to May and we're back at the top table! We got off to a flyer in August and never looked back, picking up 15 points from a possible 18 with the sole defeat that month coming away to Aston Villa on match day two. It would be October before we tasted defeat again when Swansea came to town and by that point we had already established a cushion over the chasing pack. A dip in form in the coming months saw the cushion chiseled away as well as being knocked out of both domestic trophies. Even so, after going top of the league on match day five, the lowest league position we ever occupied was 3rd so we were always within touching distance of the promotion spots right from the first month of the season. The end of my winter slump was a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Stoke on a cold Wednesday evening... Don't say it... After that, a 13 match unbeaten run of ten wins and three draws saw Latics crowned Kings of the Championship. The season concluded with a 2-0 loss to relegated Millwall, although the average age of the starting XI that day was 21.7 years. Leeds United will join Wigan and Blackburn in the Premier League following a 4-0 win over West Brom in the playoff final... Wonder how Sam Morsy feels now about his dream move to the Baggies in January. The u18s were edged out 2-1 on aggregate by Chelsea in the FA Youth Cup Final but it was a fine season for them nevertheless. Something to build on looking forward. Speaking of youth, earlier in the season I started integrating Joe Geldhart into the first team and I mentioned that I would like to see him on the score sheet before the season was out... Well he scored his first goal against Birmingham, in the 93rd minute, to give us a 2-1 lead, to give us the title... Cool head on a 16 year old's shoulders!
The Awards
Wigan did well out of the end of season awards. Although I was pipped to Manager of the Year by Tony Mowbray, Michael Jacobs picked up Player of the Year after finishing the season top of the assists charts with 14 from 30 appearances and also helped himself to eight goals along the way. His average rating of 7.28 was beaten only by Aston Villa's John McGinn with 7.30. The deciding factor between them possibly being the fact that McGinn picked up 15 yellow cards this season. Antonee Robinson scooped up Young Player of the Year after a fine season at left back on loan from Everton. The young American has started to establish himself at national level too, picking up nine caps. Any efforts to lure him back to the DW will undoubtedly be met with rejection as no doubt the Toffees will be seeing him as an ideal selection to backup Lucas Digne next season.

Transfer Roundup
All things considered, I came out of the year relatively unscathed and with the exception of losing Morsy everything was pretty positive. Some of the deadwood was trimmed and the new signings proved successful. David Meyler has really stepped up and filled Morsy's shoes and Fan's signing of the season Ben Watson shared the playmaking duties with Lee Evans, now a permanent member of the squad following his loan from Sheff United. Looking forward to next season and I'm doing my business early! We relied heavily on loans last season and ideally I don't want more than three players on loan in the squad going forward. The big loss will be Christian Walton and with that in mind, I've moved quickly to secure Nick Pope from Burnley on a three year deal. At £8m this could prove to be quite a bargain and will give time for my young backups to develop and start competing for first team opportunities. I have also snapped up Teddy Bishop on a free transfer from Ipswich. Not expecting any fireworks here but with after releasing Darron Gibson and Callum Connolly returning to Everton, he should prove to be ample backup to the squad.

Now it's time for a well earned rest.. Won't be too long till pre-season!

Last edited:
View attachment 26925
Season Two Preview (Aug 10th 2019)

We're back! Today marks the beginning of a new Premier League season and for the first time in six years, Wigan Athletic will be mixing it with the big boys. The fixture computer has not been kind but we don't care, you have to play them all eventually... We'll start the season away to Liverpool and quickly followed up by Arsenal at home but before we get to the competitive fixtures, there's been a lot of changes in the last few months.

Transfer Window Roundup
The window is shut and the squad has been finalised for the year. There has been a dramatic overhaul on the field with a catalogue of players going in both directions. There's too many to go through them all and so we'll start off with the significant departures. Callum McManaman and Gavin Massey have both been released on free transfers as I believe they won't cut the mustard in the Premier League. The fans didn't like it but the fact that both are still free agents at the end of the window partly justifies my decision. James Vaughan had agreed to join Hibernian back in January and has now also left the club. I haven't retained the services of any of my loanees and they have all returned to their parent clubs. I wasn't particularly interested in Burn or Galloway, Walton has been replaced as mentioned in my last update, Callum Connolly and Reece James did not represent good value for money and as expected, Everton see Antonee Robinson as part of their first team plans this season. So lots of players out the door but no money received! Callum Lang has joined Oxford on a season long loan as I've opted to keep Geldhart in and around the first team.
Now for the inbounds! Nick Pope and Teddy Bishop had already signed before the window opened but there's been a whole raft of changes. My priority had to be replenishing the depth of the squad with talent capable of performing in the Premier League and as both my left backs were on loan last season made this position my primary focus. Nothing too inspiring with this one, Amari'i Bell and Borthwick-Jackson have been brought in for a combined fee of £1.6million representing cracking value for two players who can do a job for me. More defensive reinforcements were high on the agenda with Carl Jenkinson joining on a free transfer to compete with Nathan Byrne for the right back slot and depth was added to the middle too, with Matthew Pennington joining from Everton for £2.2million and I also signed Marlon from Sassuolo for £3million. I've not yet managed decided who’s the better of the two which isn't a bad problem to have. I've also recruited young Jonathan Panzo from Monaco for £2million. At 21 years of age he has time to develop and is already on the verge of first team football. Moving up to the midfield now and I broke the club transfer record for the second time this summer. Nick Pope eclipsed the fee paid for Charles N'Zogbia after commanding £8million to secure his services but the arrival of Harrison Reed from Southampton for £8.75million is the new record. David Meyler was concerned that this signing affected his status as a first team regular but these concerns quickly faded as he was appointed Vice Captain, a role previously held by Dan Burn. The final signing of the summer sees the fairy-tale of Liam Boyce continue! From Cliftonville to the Premier League, the Northern Irish frontman joined from West Brom for £2million, only 12 months after initially signing for them for £4.1million. So this is how we look going into match day one:
Pre-Season
It’s been a good pre-season and the new signings seem to have settled in nicely. We seem to be defending a lot better compared to last time which is undoubtedly a positive sign. A couple of blips along the way in the form of a 1-0 defeat against Stuttgart from one shot on target and then a bizarre encounter with Real Betis which saw me go down to nine men, concede a penalty in a separate incident to the sending offs and score two own goals. We still only came out with a 3-2 loss so I suppose the silver lining being the boys were resolute in the face of adversity.
A little superstition of mine is to end pre-season against a local amateur side and field the same starting XI that I intend to deploy in match day one and with that in mind, this is the team I selected to face Ashton Athletic!

Last edited:
My updates have been non-existent lately. The save is still going strong, as are the 'Tics! I'm currently in March of my first season in the Premier League and will just do a season review at the end.. I'll be back!

Hello, i was just wondering if u also used 4 3 2 1 wide for ur first season? Becouse i played with that formation and all were against it, fans, the club and the results also werent the best:) But i felt it suits the best for range of my players. Thanks in advance.
Was a good reading, my wigan isnt as good as yours, only few places above relegation at nealy mid season:)