Updating transfer database on a Mac Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sfauts
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3K

sfauts

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been running FM2010 flawlessly on my MacBook pro with the original database.

Unfortunately, every database update I try in install causes the game to crash .

Does anyone know why this would occur?

Thanks

Sfauts

I have a mac also mate, and to be honest i was shocked when i read this, because every time i have ever updated my database from the official patches off the official website it has caused no problems at all. The game does has its floors which can cause it to crash on very rare occasions. But since playing it on mac iv never known the game so reliable and so quick.

have you edited anything yourself?

I'm trying to update it with the worldwide transfer update V3 mate.
I must be putting it into the right place as it's recognising the database "change".

I must be doing something wrong!!

Do you know exactly where I should be copying the XML file?

Whenever i download the patch off the football manager website it downloads and then i just click on the downloaded file that stays below My Mac and the Fm disk in the top right hand corner, you go through the click through thing, saving it to the default location that comes up then it works.

iv never had to put the file anywhere

Because mine is an unofficial update I have to do all this manually

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Scratch this now - I've downloaded someone elses patch "My unofficial 10.3.0 patch" and it's working wel!

fair enough ;)

but when your downloading the patches id recommend the official ones, they work better and cause less crashes with the game.

however i do understand about you downloading the unofficial patches atm form the january transfer window, its taking ages to get to the official one

Back