Urgent Goalkeeper Problem

• Thread starter Thread starter Adam543
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3K

Adam543

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm in a bit of a pickle. Champions League semi final 2nd leg at home to Barca (I'm Arsenal). I won the 1st leg 2-0. Szcesney is my only first team goalie and he's injured so I've moved a reserve keeper up from the 2nd string team for my league games but I can't register him for Champions League games. What should I do? Do any outfield players have a goalkeeper rating of more than 1?
Thanks, Adam

Ok, so I'm in a bit of a pickle. Champions League semi final 2nd leg at home to Barca (I'm Arsenal). I won the 1st leg 2-0. Szcesney is my only first team goalie and he's injured so I've moved a reserve keeper up from the 2nd string team for my league games but I can't register him for Champions League games. What should I do? Do any outfield players have a goalkeeper rating of more than 1?
Thanks, Adam

TBF, if you only registered one GK, you deserve it :P. You should always have two or three in your first team, and should be registered regardless of whether you will have to lose a foreign outfield player. Two routes TBH....
1- Holiday through and hope for the best
2- Surely you have a GK in the u18 that is eligible.

You will be able to play an under 18 keeper becasue they dont have to be registered, but i guess your reserve keeper falls outside of that category.

I think your pretty screwed, just remember to ALWAYS register at least two keepers for champs league in the furture

Yeah, It'smy own fault for not registering more than one :/ I've stuck Mertesacker in and I'll just see what happens.
Thanks for the advice :)

Yeah, It'smy own fault for not registering more than one :/ I've stuck Mertesacker in and I'll just see what happens.
Thanks for the advice :)

let me know how Mertesacker gets on! Might be as good as O'Shea!!

Lost 5-1 :/ COnceded 3 within 10 mins and they scored with every shot on target haha

You only had one keeper?? I always keep one cheap serviceable keeper in my squad as a sub even if they never ever see the field.

I think your pretty screwed, just remember to ALWAYS register at least two keepers for champs league in the furture.
[FONT=&#23435]
g.gif
[/FONT][FONT=&#23435][/FONT]​

Lol, well. I've won quite a few games playing 90 minutes with striker in goal. This was in the lower legs of Carling Cup, i was trying to lose on purpose because the team was tired... :P

VS. Barca you're propably screwed.

You're probably screwed v Barca but Mertesacker was a pretty good choice because he is tall and has high jumping, positioning, concentration, anticipation and composure but he won't be brilliant just because he has the physique and mentality as he seriously lacks the skills.

Back