US+Canada European Style (Huge - Fictional Teams)

Allegrif

Reaction score
Hello :), I'm an Englishman who's just got back from the US with my American wife, and being there got me interested in US "soccer". Anyway, I'm creating a custom database with the following structure:

Coca Cola Premier League - 20 teams
AT&T Championship - 24 teams
AT&T Division 1 - 24 teams
AT&T Division 2 - 24 teams
AT&T Division 3 - 24 teams
Target Division 4 - 24 teams
Target Division 5 - 24 teams
Target Division 6 - 24 teams
USFA Foundation Division - 20 teams

American Cup (FA Cup)
Wells & Fargo Cup (League Cup)
Charity Shield (Community Shield)
Several regional cups.

All teams are professional, and even teams in the bottom division have reasonable attendances etc.
So far 137 cities, towns, states and territories are represented, some with more than one team. From New York and LA to Salt Lake City and Chattanooga, I've tried to represent as much of the US/Canadian population as possible. Canada has several teams, from Toronto to Sherbrooke. There are also teams from Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the US Virgin Islands and the Northern Mariana Islands.

I'm creating this for my own use more than anything, hence my favoured linear league structure (not a fan of regional div's). However, I'm accepting input from the fm-base community. If anyone wants me to add anything specific, for example their local town or a new cup or something, drop me a comment. I'm also trying to decide if the US/Canada should continue in CONCACAF or transfer to UEFA. Help me decide XD I'm going to try and have the file published by next week.

The file will be a saved game, not a database file. This is because whilst I've tried to be as detailed as possible, it would be barmy of me to create 3500+ players from scratch, so a lot of teams start out with no players and similar reputations within a division; I'm going to let the game run for 5 or 6 seasons so that every team has developed an individual identity and realistic expectation. I may also make the dbc file downloadable if people request it. Major European competitions will have their real names, and I will slightly alter the CA/PA of some players (e.g. Aaron Ramsey).

Feedback? :)
Alex

I will probs download this if made available to the public :)
Looks really interesting.

Do you have Bethlehem Steel FC and Fall River Marksmen? It would be nice to have some of the old teams from the original American Soccer League (ASL). Brooklyn Wanderers, Fall River FC, Bethlehem, and a few others.

So I finally finished with the database and go to test it, all goes well until the 1st July 2014 and then crash dump. I've tried all sorts of tweaks but no luck - it always crashes on that date. If anyone wants a go at fixing it let me know, but I'm baffled!

Hello, I'm Tiago, and I'm a portuguese fan of FM and i would love to try playing with your costum database. Can you please send to my e-mail your database? I'm very excited with this challenge and maybe i can fix it! Ok?
Thank you very much mate! :)

As an MLS fan, can you help. i've revamped the MLS into one division and subsequently lost the draft, so i was hoping to filter the money to compensate with the middle getting average but the lower placed teams getting an increased amount.. Do you know how much a team will get for winning the MLS in real life, i cant finda figure for winning the whole thing anywhere?

Tiago, I'll try and send you the database. Wkdsoul, I'm afraid I haven't the slightest clue about the MLS. I really dislike it, which is why I replaced it. Sorry about that :S

Allegrif, I was just about to start a thread asking if anyone had a FM 14 fictional US league and bam! Here you are!

Any luck getting past that crash? Could it be linked to one of the cups you've created? Seeding teams? Something to do with promotion/relegation and the numbers not matching up?

Did you start with a custom DB or the standard game one? I had considered downloading LFCMarshall's starter DB and changing the US from there.

As an MLS fan, can you help. i've revamped the MLS into one division and subsequently lost the draft, so i was hoping to filter the money to compensate with the middle getting average but the lower placed teams getting an increased amount.. Do you know how much a team will get for winning the MLS in real life, i cant finda figure for winning the whole thing anywhere?

S'ok i redid the US with the MLS, DIV1 and the 4 conferences North, East , South ,West..

So, looking at the dates, I'm guessing this thing's dead, but I've been considering doing something similar for a while. It definitely won't be quite this big (maybe same size as the English professional leagues), and I'll probably use the MLS teams for the top division and maybe a few of the lower US teams in the lower ones, although I will add a fair few teams (especially from my favorite places I've visited in Canada). Anyone interested?