Reaction score
Tactics attached at bottom of post.

Goals from set pieces, possession against weak teams, counter the stronger teams. Fun to watch, plus the results are great.

Developed initially in beta with Fulham and moved to test in full game with Shamrock Rovers in Ireland. This just isn't a lower league tactic though, my test results show that it can work for any team.

Team instructions are the same for all 3 tactics, they all play pretty much the same.

I used all 3 tactics based on players available.

My favorite is the 4411 because of the teams I've used it fits the best: Fulham and Shamrock Rovers.

The 442 works just as good and is essentially the same as 4411 except you have F9 instead of AM.

Against srong team or team I've lost against previously, I use 4141.

Few Things:

- Winger foot doesn't matter, but right on right and left on left works best.
- NO OI. Opposition Instructions default this year (on FMTouch at least, open them up and CLEAR them all).
- Red Card Take off the F9 Striker, the AMC, or the DM (depending on tactic).
- The set pieces are setup for MC or winger to take, they are important. (especially the attack corners)
- Free kicks in attack are mostly default but I've had a lot of success from these.
- All training Assitant Manager.
- I setup mentor groups for younger players.
- Strikers all need decent head ability.

- If you are down but feel you should at least get a point, move the mentality to ultra attacking, but only do it last 10 - 15 mins. When you score revert to the standard tactic for the formation you are using. I have only done this in 2 two games but rescued draws that looked like I was going to lose.

- If you are winning by 2 - 3 goals, move BOTH the d-line and a-line from high to standard.
- If winning at 75 - 80 mins, move BOTH the d-line and a-line from high to standard and tick Time Wasting to Often

I ONLY PLAY FM TOUCH

View attachment 32689View attachment 32688View attachment 32687

View attachment 32709View attachment 32708View attachment 32707View attachment 32710

View attachment 32695

View attachment 32694View attachment 32693

View attachment 32419
View attachment 32418
View attachment 32420

Last edited:
Very nice work , the 4-1-4-1 and 4-4-1-1 are very solid , I didn't test 4-4-2 yet

Very nice work , the 4-1-4-1 and 4-4-1-1 are very solid , I didn't test 4-4-2 yet

Glad it's working for you, what team are you using?

Second season of my Shamrock Rovers save I managed some great results in the Champions League play-off but missed out on Group Stage on away goals in the final play-off tie against FC Basel (who I was able to beat away from home)

I landed in the Europa League and won my group.

I only used the 4141 for Europa League / Champions League play-off games and the results are insane.

View attachment 32484View attachment 32483View attachment 32482View attachment 32481

My best result so far was the away game against Maccabi Tel-Aviv in Champions League play-off:

View attachment 32479

Last edited:
Valencia .

I think you must make a 442 (2DM) because the 442 is unstable

Hi,

Regarding the 442, can you elaborate on what you think is unstable about it? In my testing, it works just as good as the others for me.

Last edited:
Hi,

Regarding the 442, can you elaborate on what you think is unstable about it? In my testing, it works just as good as the others for me.

My bro, thank you so much for pointing this out. My set pieces exported incorrectly, the 442 was especially toxic.

I've fixed the attacking throw ins and corner setup for all 3 tactics and re uploaded, they are now how they should be.

The throw ins and corners are vital for this to work.

They should like similar to the below, if you don't want the tactic but need solid corner, throw in routine, use this as a base starting point:

View attachment 32417View attachment 32416View attachment 32415View attachment 32414

Defending corners: haven't conceded a corner goal in a long time, leads to a lot of great counter attempts as well

View attachment 32130View attachment 32129

Last edited:
hi 6615, what are your individual player instructions please? I only have Touch on the iPad so I'm unable to save on a laptop and cross save the tactic across.

hi 6615, what are your individual player instructions please? I only have Touch on the iPad so I'm unable to save on a laptop and cross save the tactic across.

Like I noted in the OP, team instructions same for all 3 tactics.

MR / ML - CDR / CDL - DR / DL all same instructions. BWM in center mid or d mid spot has same instruction. I also added my defending corner setup in post #7 that'll be useful for you.

TEAM
View attachment 32127View attachment 32126View attachment 32125

GK

View attachment 32123

Defender

View attachment 32122View attachment 32121

Midfield

View attachment 32120View attachment 32119View attachment 32118View attachment 32117View attachment 32116

Attack

View attachment 32114View attachment 32113

6615 that’s great thank you mate. Looking forward to trialing it with my Huddersfield Town save.

People still using this? other than changing poacher to pressing forward for both 4-1-4-1/4-4-1-1 & dropping wing backs to support on 4-4-1-1 i used these all the time and there great.

I finally got to try these tactics after finishing my own lengthy tests on a 4-2-3-1

I honestly think all tactics should be presented this way, its very impressive.

So, decided to use the 4-4-1-1 as my starting tactic using it all through pre season and in game one we(West Ham) had a very good 4-1 win over Newcastle away.

Next game was at home to Bournemouth where we finally took the lead after 60mins despite total domination, only to be pegged back after their first shot on target found the net. We drew 1-1 but never mind, I have always struggled to win that game in all my tests.

Away to Man Utd next and the tactic really impressed and we led 2-0 at half time. Sadly a couple of screamers from 25-30 yards from Pogba and Herrera??? put them back on terms and they nicked an undeserved win from a late corner.

I've added screen shots for the rest, with the last being Chicarito's stats despite being a natural as a Poacher Attack.

I don't even try most tactics anymore because the pre-set 4-2-3-1 has outperformed EVERY single downloaded tactic to date and if it didn't take so long I would try all the rest of the pre-sets because of the way the ME is set up I think they are going to be the way forward in FM19.

By the way, I loved these tactics and they perform very well, but the ME will not let me win whilst using them so sadly its back to the pre sets for me.

Will finish this post later

Last edited:
By the way, I loved these tactics and they perform very well, but the ME will not let me win whilst using them so sadly its back to the pre sets for me.

Hey I found this issue as well, which is why in the initial post, I added some instructions after going goal up etc. that keep the lead and nick some late goals.

I haven't played FM lately due to just being busy.. but I am glad everyone is trying this out, I do remember my last few games I asked the Wide Players to stay wider and that seemed to create tons of through balls to the poacher, especially using the 4-1-4-1 against stronger teams.