Useless striker.

• Thread starter Thread starter SamScfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2K

SamScfc

WINNING
Reaction score
In my Stockport game I've got a regen striker, Andy Rooney and he's useless, I signed him for 11.75M and want him to be good, I sent him on loan to Athletico Madrid and he got 5 in 9 so does anyone on here know what the best way to play him would be?

View attachment 63442

P.S: I did post this in the 'Roles and Duties' thread which got no replys!

Deep lying forward.

P.S - I don't think he's a regen, as he doesn't have a generated face?

Deep lying forward.

Ok, cheers, I'll try that.

He is a regen because he's 25 and I'm in 2020, and in 2009 he would have been about 14, I just took the regen face option off.

Deep lying forward.

I think i is because it is 2020 and he is 25, unless he was a real 15 year old.

Ah right, didn't bother looking at the date, sorry mate.

Deep lying forward.

He must have them turned off born in 1995 screams Regen to me...As for Role, I would probably try him as an advanced forward first before going to DLF...His passing/creativity would put me off him being the striker coming deep to get it, seems like he would do better running onto balls and finishing them with the nice finishing, anticipation, off the ball and composure stats. He is also a good dribbler and technically good which would allow him to jink past defenders to get his shot off...

Advanced Forward would be the way I would go.

He must have them turned off born in 1995 screams Regen to me...As for Role, I would probably try him as an advanced forward first before going to DLF...His passing/creativity would put me off him being the striker coming deep to get it, seems like he would do better running onto balls and finishing them with the nice finishing, anticipation, off the ball and composure stats. He is also a good dribbler and technically good which would allow him to jink past defenders to get his shot off...

Advanced Forward would be the way I would go.

Ok, thanks, I'll try Deep Lying and Advanced :)

I would go with either advanced forward, complete forward or possibly even target man depending on what level you are playing at currently.
15 is a pretty good jumping stat and 14 for heading should mean he can pull off target man against most good teams.
I've never personally had much luck creating a complete forward on fm but his physical and attacking stats (finishing and heading) are very solid so its possbile this might suit him as well.
I think though I would have to agree with khodder here that advanced forward is favourite. Get him set up looking to score goals, running onto through balls and challenging in the air from crosses from the wing.
Would help a lot if you posted your formation.

Back