• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 724

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Billionaire Alisher Usmanov says he will not sell his Arsenal shares in the week fellow shareholder Stan Kroenke triggers a mandatory buyout offer.

More...

Woo! Ironically, Usmanov is now the kingmaker at Arsenal, preventing Kroenke getting 100% ownership of the club.

Not necessarily. If Kroenke can get the shares from all the minority shareholders then he may reach the threshold which would trigger a mandatory takeover, forcing Usmanov to sell.

Not necessarily. If Kroenke can get the shares from all the minority shareholders then he may reach the threshold which would trigger a mandatory takeover, forcing Usmanov to sell.

Not true. Usmanov's stake stands at 27%, while minority shareholders only have 10% in the club (This includes some 3% taken up by the Arsenal Fanshare scheme - if that) - Kroenke can only force others to sell them his shares once he reaches the 90% threshold, which he can't do unless Usmanov sells (which he doesn't seem to want to do).

At 75%, Kroenke can de-list Arsenal from the PLUS markets which would make Arsenal a private business.. He can't even reach that without Usmanov (SK now has 63% of shares)

I was under the assumption that like most transactions of this kind, the compolsury takeover threshold was 80%

With Kroenke needing 17% to get to 80% and as far as i can tell, no definitive answer as to how many of the remaining shares Usmanov holds (All sources i have seen say 'it is believed he holds this much', or 'he may hold as much as this many shares' etc.) then Kroenke may be able to reach the 80% threshold.

If it's 90% as you say, then i suggest there will be a stalemate.

Just sell them Usmanov :(

Last edited:
I was under the assumption that like most transactions of this kind, the compolsury takeover threshold was 80%

With Kroenke needing 17% to get to 80% and as far as i can tell, no definitive answer as to how many of the remaining shares Usmanov holds (All sources i have seen say 'it is believed he holds this much', or 'he may hold as much as this many shares' etc.) then Kroenke may be able to reach the 80% threshold.

If it's 90% as you say, then i suggest there will be a stalemate.

Don't know about other business models, but the threshold at Arsenal is definitely 90%...

I'm 99% sure Usmanov hold 27% under his company, Red & White Holdings which he set up with David Dein - it's what I've read in all the sources tbh and even if it is slightly different i'd expect that to be 28/26% rather than something more significant. The Guardian figures I looked at today said that before the takeover, Kroenke had a 29.99% stake in the club - the only reason he's now acquiring these shares is because Danny Fiszman is seriously ill and Nina Bracewell-Smith is still angry at the way she was treated (and so doesn't really want to be a part of the club anymore).

After the takeover, and especially with rising numbers of Fanshare members, minority shareholders only hold around 10% - if that goes up to 10.5% and AST manage to convince all minority shareholders (most of whom are fans) NOT to sell their shares, or if they do, to sell them to Fanshare then SK would never be able to reach 90% (and thus 100%)

Just sell them Usmanov :(

NO!

"Why Are The AST Supporting Usmanov?

Ironically, Usmanov now holds the key to preventing Kroenke reaching 100% ownership despite the fact that he is disliked by many supporters and people within the club – including, it seems, Arsene Wenger.

If, as expected, Red And White Holdings (Usmanov’s company) hold onto their 27% stake in the club, Kroenke cannot reach the next two thresholds – 75% and 90% which would give him even more power at the club."

Questions and answers about Stan Kroenke’s imminent takeover bid | Arsenal Report

Last edited:
Once you start trusting him, he will buy Kroenke's shares and you'll be stuck with a Tartar chairman.

Back