Valencia | European Revival

• Thread starter Thread starter lmichael
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1K

lmichael

Reaction score
View attachment 259976

Hello, a few of you may have noticed I started a story a few days back with Oldham Athletic. Unfortunately the game had crashed; I had only played 2-3 games so could have started it again if I wanted to, but I have decided to start a new save with Valencia.

My reasons behind picking Valencia are as followed….

1) Im fed up with Barcelona & Real Madrid finishing a good 20-30 points clear of Valencia each and every season. Valencia are a massive club and really should be challenging.

2) Not so long ago, Valencia where winning the title and trophies in Europe. I want this to happen again and hopefully im the man to make it happen.

3) They have a fantastic youth set-up, they have developed some brilliant players in the past, and I’ll be looking to try and help do the same in this save.

4) Financially over the last couple of years, Valencia haven’t been very stable, this is the main reason in their decline in Spanish Football. I’ll be trying to balance the books and help make Valencia one of the richest clubs in the world.

My first update will be up sometime today, as I am looking to get this game started asap. This is my first story, so any help and advice would be welcomed.

Finally, maybe the two team dominance in Spain can now come to an end!! :D

Tranfers

The Board where as generous as they could have been, and gave me a transfer budget of £5.21 Million to start the new campaign with. I also decided to go with Champions League Qualification as our target for the season. As realistically we are not good enough to compete for the title just yet. But give it a year or two, and I’m sure we’ll be in and around the big two.

A decided to let a few players go during the summer and these two players where Miguel and Maduro. Miguel left simply because of his age and his current value, at 31 and not being anything special, when an offer of just under £5 Million came in from Sevilla, I had to say yes. With Maduro I felt he wasn’t up to scratch and with John Obi Mikel joining us there was no room for Maduro in my squad for the upcoming season. All in all I was able to rack in £6.75 Million which isn’t to shabby. I also allowed Saul out on a season long loan.

Now to talk about the players who decided to pack their bags and join the Valencia revolution.

1) Ivan Bandalovski – For £170k I thought he was a decent replacement for Miguel. Good all round stats for a Right Back. Im sure I’ll be able to make a nice profit on him further down the line as well.

2) John Obi Mikel – I was very happy with this signing. Mikel is a well-established player and has played at the highest level for the majority of his career. With him still being at the age of 24, he has plenty of years on his side and will be a Valencia great. Loan fee was £2.9 Million, and can be purchased permanently at any time for £5 Million.

3) Giovani Dos Santos – Needed a new winger at the club, and Giovani is very versatile and has great pace. He has previous experience in Spain, as he kicked off his career with the mighty Barcelona. Loan fee of £1.8 Million which isn’t too bad.

I also managed to sign to young promising youngsters who will be joining us at the start of the 2013 campaign. They are Fernando Canesin Matos & Sime Vrsaljko

All in all…quite a bit of transfer activity at Valencia this season. Just hoping my new signings can hit the ground running and help the team finish in the top 4.

View attachment 260035

Finances

As I mentioned in my previous post, Valencia have been crippled in the past with their finances and as a result this reflected onto their performances on the pitch. They have managed to balance the books a little, with the sales of key players such as David Villa & Silva. But they are still far from clearing these debts.

View attachment 260034

As you can see, we still have remaining debts from Bank Loans of 96 and 35 Million. We are far from being a Portsmouth or Rangers. But if we want to reach the levels of winning major trophies again, we need to reduce these debts. We can’t be having a set budget of £5 Million budget every season if we want to compete. If big bids come in for players then I may have to accept, the quicker this debt has gone the better.

Good buys. Mikel will be very good in the La Liga, as will Dos Santos.

The debts look worrying though! :P

One player I always want to sign when I play a team from Spain, is Alvaro who starts at Racing. A good and promising CB who has a release-clause of €3.5 million. Malaga always buys him early unless you manage to ****** him first and giving him an offer he can't refuse.

Nice to see a Valencia story, even though I'm a Barcelona fan myself.

Keep it up and take a look at my Palermo story and drop a comment!

One player I always want to sign when I play a team from Spain, is Alvaro who starts at Racing. A good and promising CB who has a release-clause of €3.5 million. Malaga always buys him early unless you manage to ****** him first and giving him an offer he can't refuse.

Nice to see a Valencia story, even though I'm a Barcelona fan myself.

Keep it up and take a look at my Palermo story and drop a comment!

Funnily enough, i was going to sign Alvaro...But Malaga has already snapped him up! They have made some major signings, look like a threat.

Good buys. Mikel will be very good in the La Liga, as will Dos Santos.

The debts look worrying though! :P

Yeah cheers mate. I know the debts look horrible...But im sure they will be reduced in a season or two

Back