• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 464

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Tottenham midfielder Rafael van der Vaart says he will stay at the club despite Spurs' failure to qualify for the Champions League.

More...

although having a good start to the season, him joining spurs meant that they shy'd away from the 4-4-2 that proved them so successful, so when his drop of form happened, spurs really dropped.

A real shame, would love to see him in a Man Utd shirt, been brilliant for Spurs this season.

A real shame, would love to see him in a Man Utd shirt, been brilliant for Spurs this season.

Wouldnt have worked, he plays his best moving into where Rooney is, and Rooney > Van der Vaart

no but we have to sell all our players now we're not in the CL?

Last edited:
I think Tottenham really want to keep Modric, if they do they will have done a great job. Because I can see him moving to Manchester United, I really can. He is exactly what Manchester United need.

On topic: Fair play to VDV but I do think Tottenham need to use there best formation and fit him in rather than using a formation that suits him and not the team.

Manchester United don't need Modric that much, although they do need an advanced playmaker. I think Sneidjer's the man instead though. I can still see Modric leaving though. And Fergie isn't really a manager who spends massive every season, Man United have been linked with loads of players, and I can't see many joining, considering United's debt and Fergie's style.

Oh, and Van Der Vaart has been average this season, he started well but got worse as the season went on. Still, why would he leave? Spurs give him first team football and a chance of Champions League football. Just because they aren't in the Champions League (they aren't really expected to be) doesn't mean every decent player has to leave.

I can see some fringe players (Krancjar, etc.) and (maybe) some 'big' players (Bale, maybe Modric) leaving, but I don't think every good player is going to leave because they haven't qualified for the Champo.

Manchester United don't need Modric that much, although they do need an advanced playmaker. I think Sneidjer's the man instead though. I can still see Modric leaving though. And Fergie isn't really a manager who spends massive every season, Man United have been linked with loads of players, and I can't see many joining, considering United's debt and Fergie's style.

Did you really just put this mate??

You can not see many joining because of United's debt (which I must point out has decreased significantly) and because of Fergie's style???
What the ****, how can you say that I have no clue what you mean but people would not want to join to be under one of the best managers in the world if not the best. I think you are completely wrong but that is my opinion, I think everyone would be influenced hugely to join United because of Fergie and his style what has won so many trophies and brought out the best in so many players over the years? But no your right people do not want that in football.

Wish every player that said this actually meant it... Take most things footballers say with a pinch of salt now.

Back