Van Nistelrooy wages deter Spurs

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 523

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp rules out signing Real Madrid striker Ruud van Nistelrooy as the Dutchman's wages are prohibitively expensive.

More...

Hope we don't sign him. His wages are ridiculous for a player nearing retirement and way past his best.

the reputation that he earned at united's bigged him up too much, ridiculous really - asking for massive wages at his age.

I'm glad Levy and that are sticking to the wage structure and not breaking it. We are in a good finacial position and glad not to break it on a player past his best.

the reputation that he earned at united's bigged him up too much, ridiculous really - asking for massive wages at his age.

well he sort of continued to live up to that reputation though even after leaving united, he´s the only footballer who ever was best league scorer in 3 different european top leagues. He scored 64 goals in 97 games for real, 95 goals in 150 games for manu and for psv 62 goals in 67 matches that´s absolute class.
Yes he´s "old"and has been very unlucky with injuries, but who knows if he wouldn´t be performing well if he´d only get the chance to play. And if he´d do well he sure has the right to expect large wages no matter his age. It´s silly in general for footballers earning the money that they do anyhow, like Ronaldo´s 14 million a year or something which is just mental...

And apparently he´s already had a medical check with Hamburger SV yesterday, and if considered fit it is likely that he´ll move there

If he joins a club, he is going to be a hit or miss. He would have to score a lot of goals to make himself worthy of £100,000 a week. If I was Redknapp, I wouldn't be looking to sign another striker.

Back