Van Persie and Rooney - Help

• Thread starter Thread starter WalkerRFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 8K

WalkerRFC

Reaction score
Hey,

I've got a bit of a "Torres and Drogba" problem in which I can't seem to get Rooney and Van Persie to play effectively together up top.

What I've been trying is this: Van Persie (Advanced Forward) - Rooney (Complete Forward) with Nani on the right and Young on the left of the two wings. Are these the right roles? What roles should I put them both to ensure both are exploited to their full potential on the pitch.

Aidan.

Play 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 with rooney just behind in a teresquarta role and RVP complete forward or advanced forward

when you have two amazing strikers, you want see the best of both, it will also be one playing mazing and one supporting him while contributing a little himself

Just tried it out, and Raikan, your suggestion seemed to work. Best West Brom 3-1, creating 7 clear cut chances. Rooney scored 2 (Van Persie set one up) and Rooney played in Van Persie who also got a goal, excellent!

What are your two cm's roles? I have an advanced playmaker support, a central midfielder defend, then two wingbacks and just normal central defenders.

Also, when Valencia plays, do you play him on the right wing as inside forward attack? He can't use his left foot!

And Marshall, I'd previously tried that suggestion and it worked to good effect, however I just couldn't exploit Rooney in AMC to his best! (cheers for your transfer updates btw)

Just tried it out, and Raikan, your suggestion seemed to work. Best West Brom 3-1, creating 7 clear cut chances. Rooney scored 2 (Van Persie set one up) and Rooney played in Van Persie who also got a goal, excellent!

What are your two cm's roles? I have an advanced playmaker support, a central midfielder defend, then two wingbacks and just normal central defenders.

Also, when Valencia plays, do you play him on the right wing as inside forward attack? He can't use his left foot!

glad mate :) my Michael Carrick roles :) just with more direct passing and more through balls (Might and Magic setup tactic) you can see the settings there and add a little more freedom as well)

I'm just playing them in Raikan's Might and Magic tactics, with RVP as the DLF and Rooney as the Poacher. Only change i've made is RVP running with ball often and maxing out his creative freedom. Not only does he set up Rooney for at least 2 per game, but he also scores almost every game.

Rooney just back from a lengthy injury, and he isn't playing at all well when paired with Van Persie now. And also, Young and Nani as inside forward isn't working now for me either, they keep wasting chances. Furthermore, I have this one deathly position, MCL (Advanced Playmaker Support) where no one in that role plays well, wither its carrick, giggs, scholes, kagawa, cleverley. Should I change that role, or sign a new player?

Rooney just back from a lengthy injury, and he isn't playing at all well when paired with Van Persie now. And also, Young and Nani as inside forward isn't working now for me either, they keep wasting chances. Furthermore, I have this one deathly position, MCL (Advanced Playmaker Support) where no one in that role plays well, wither its carrick, giggs, scholes, kagawa, cleverley. Should I change that role, or sign a new player?

play Giggs there mate :) or change to DLP and play Scholes..

van persie as a dlf and rooney as a poacher has worked well for me so far on the might and magic away tactic.

woould kagawa fit in to the cm role because i have played him mostly on left wing and not got the best of him

Back