Vanarama Conference North - Impossible?!

tonyebola

Reaction score
I need help, I've tried every tactic I can think of and even a few from the forum here.

I can't stop leaking goals and failing to outscore teams!

I've tried possession, counter and even 4-5-1 Big Sam long ball type tactics, but nothing works.

Any help would be great, I've been sacked three times in two seasons already...

I've been having some moderate success with a simple 442 at Alfreton. It's good defensively and in terms of possession but seems to be lacking in the scoring department. Sort of. We've scored in every game and have lost only the once but have never won by more than one goal. Not really a problem as its the goals that count.

Anyway, enough rambling:

View attachment 211346

Thanks for the formation man, much appreciated, I'm still having no luck!

Quick update:

I've been sacked by Corby and I'm not on to my fourth club in two seasons.

MacBooks getting close to the window every game haha.

How are you reacting to things in game, during the match? I've found the ME this year makes it a lot easier to read the game and adjust accordingly. For instance, in my last match, I was being hammered. It was 0-0 and they were throwing bodies forward, keeping hold of the ball and generally locking me down for the first 15 minutes. I made a quick change in dropping the defensive line deeper and changing the mentality to counter. 2 minutes later and I was 1-0 up; they lost the ball in the defensive third, a long ball was duly pumped over their last defender and my poacher slotted home.

Of course we went on to lose 2-1 because I didn't adjust my tactics again but hey-ho, live and learn.

Do everything possible to raise morale or keep it from dropping. Its exhausting for players but sometimes after run of poor form i will take all training off and scheduled a friendly against weakest team possible and win easily subbing as many players as possible to include the full squad and minimize fatigue, moral lifts and come weekend more times than not the poor form is over, we start winning once again.

Last edited:
I've just started a game in the North West Counties league, and alternating between 4231 Wide Gatling, 4123 Wide & Giving it Lladly (442).. with great sucess.

442 home, away (weak teams)
4231 away (medium teams)
4123 (stronger teams)

Playing in Conference south as Sutton Utd

Using a tactic I posted under the share and download section

Media predicted 16th and as of half way through season am sitting 2nd

Loads of chances created by the IF and AMC

I've ended up re-stating my game and tried to breathe...

I'm now doing my usual conquering of the Irish Prem with Bohs.

I'll post the tactic I'm using late!

I failed in the Vanarama though....