Goalkeeper Unhappy I'm not training him hard enough...

Akuthia

Reaction score
So I've got Kiraly as my GK, he's 36, oughta be happy to still be playing, but the guys unhappy that i'm not working him hard enough. I've got him focus training to heavy, working on taking longer free kicks (and can't teach him to play a new position)

What else can i do, other than tell the guy to "work harder" in a conversation (which seems sorta odd, to tell a guy that wants more work, to work harder!)

So I've got Kiraly as my GK, he's 36, oughta be happy to still be playing, but the guys unhappy that i'm not working him hard enough. I've got him focus training to heavy, working on taking longer free kicks (and can't teach him to play a new position)

What else can i do, other than tell the guy to "work harder" in a conversation (which seems sorta odd, to tell a guy that wants more work, to work harder!)

Try PPM such as not to use weaker foot. Or get him to tutor a youngster and put him on sweeper keeper training as works more than goalkeeper.

He's actually already focused on sweeper keeper, and his PPM training is long range free kicks (hoping it would reduce the amount of times he kicks goalkicks short to the defense) It says i cant tutor because he's already in focus training...

yeah thats the PPM you wont be able to tutor due to that? have you got the training set as high as possible?

Yep, his training is set to heavy. As I'm towards the end of the campaign, the general team training is at low/average most weeks His workload is listed at "medium"

I can't suggest anything other than cranking up the training for the whole squad? or turn down match prep slightly as that affects the amount of workload they have. This will alters other peoples though. :/

Sounds like i gotta just tell him to "work harder" lol...

Have you assigned a coach to all categories, no coaches have retired ?

Nope, all categories are covered. And in my experience that shows up as a message like "Kiraly is unhappy with the fitness coaching he is getting". This is just "Unhappy with the level of training he is getting.", and the coaches mention that he thinks he needs to be worked harder.

Edit: The good news is it seems that by telling him he needs to work harder in trainer, it makes him happier. Maybe he just wants to hear someone else tell him he needs to do more to re-affirm his belief... lol.

Last edited: