Vertonghen replacement

• Thread starter Thread starter maxinator7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3K

maxinator7

Reaction score
Hi there! I have started of a save with my beloved spurs and need recommendations on a replacement for Vertonghen that I've sold to United for 30 mil. I need someone with pace to help cover my high line of defense and I'm not sure that Balanta for example will be able to go in and be a regular starter yet when I'm aiming for cl. Any ideas?

You can usually get Phil Jones for around 18m first season and he turns into a beast. If not maybe john Stones

Hi there! I have started of a save with my beloved spurs and need recommendations on a replacement for Vertonghen that I've sold to United for 30 mil. I need someone with pace to help cover my high line of defense and I'm not sure that Balanta for example will be able to go in and be a regular starter yet when I'm aiming for cl. Any ideas?

You can get Mateo Mussachio for around 10 mil. or Adil Rami for 10 mil.

Mateo Musacchio has amazing stats,available for 10-15m
Nikolas Nkoulou and Alexandar Dragovic are also very good centre-backs

Rolando, Munoz, Lucio on a free as back up...
Samir(Brazilian)..
Marc Bartra turns amazing if you can get him for cheap..
Juan Jesus, Barzagli, Ranocchia are all solid options..
Rever is also decent..
Dede would be a solid bet, a beast at the back.. you can get him for a fair price, with most of the fee spread over 48 months maybe, and he could be your main man at the back!

Mateo Musacchio has amazing stats,available for 10-15m
Nikolas Nkoulou and Alexandar Dragovic are also very good centre-backs

He EXPRESSLY asked for pace. Dragovic has only 12/13 which is not pacey for a cb.

Look at UMTITI or MUSACCHIO as advised by others

I got musacchio in my spurs save and with fazio and de jong in front I've had an amazing defensive record, I think I only conceded 6 goals by November :)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recomendations I'm tempted to go for Musacchio that most of you have recommended but he's not particurlary fast either(only 13). Déde looked really nice but had already been grabbed by Chealsea. Think I will go with either Phil Jones, Nkoulou or maybe Khacheridi. My dream signing would be Süle but he costs to much. Pacey centerbacks surely don't grow on trees..

Last edited:
Balanta is more than capable of coming in as first choice at the start of a new game.

Usually what I do with Man Utd so for sure will work at Spurs. I partner him with Phil Jones who is amazing if you want to try and sign him.

Rakitskyi?
Alvaro Dominguez is pretty cheap, not sure if he's very fast.. but he's a solid CB..
Stefan Savic
Fabian Schar
how's Shawcross?

Joel Matip, Liam Moore,Dede,Ja Kirchhoff, Tim Jedvaj, Micha Richards.

From my experience, you have good enough CBs in Balanta, Fazio/Chiriches with Dier as back-up CB/RB to make champions league.

Back