VFB Stuttgart - German Domination

• Thread starter Thread starter LRyder
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 6K

LRyder

Reaction score
View attachment 224813
Today it has been announced Bruno Labbadia has been sacked as Vfb Stuttgart manager. Reasons for his dismissal are still to be known but fans supposedly have mixed emotions about the decision to let the coach go. Labbadia managed to keep Stuttgart up last season after a poor display by his side, but it seems that wasn’t enough and they will now be looking for a new manager.

View attachment 224810

View attachment 224818SkyBet have released their latest odds on Labbadia’s successor at the club, and it seems Mainz manager Thomas Tuchel is thought of as the ideal replacement by the board. Tuchel has had great success with Mainz, first getting them promoted and consolidating them as a Bundesliga side.

View attachment 224815
Thomas Tuchel – 3/1​

Another front runner seems to be Hannover boss Mirko Slomka. Slomka managed to achieve a fourth place finish with his side last season, a great achievement none the less and is rumoured to be approached by Stuttgart. It
is yet to be known whether he is interested in the position though.

View attachment 224817
Mirko Slomka – 5/1​

A surprising addition to the list is unknown English manager Luke Ryder. Ryder hasn’t managed professionally before and his only experience is managing Sunday league sides. It is said that his attention to detail of the game is impressive and could be a shock appointment this summer.

View attachment 224816
Luke Ryder – 11/1

View attachment 224807

Ryder named Stuttgart Boss

Today it has been confirmed that VfB Stuttgart, have confirmed Luke Ryder has the new man in charge. It has come to a shock to many people as it was believed Thomas Tuchel had agreed terms and looked set to take charge at the Mercedes-Benz-Arena. But it has been revealed a late meeting between club officials had been had, and they came to the decision to offer the position to Ryder. Here is what Ryder had to say about his first appointment in professional football.

Ryder - “It really is a dream come true, I never expected to be offered the job so to have been given the chance to take charge of Stuttgart is fantastic. Today is the start of a new era for us and I can’t wait to get started”

Ryder’s first game of the season will be at home to Hamburg in which he will be welcomed by his home support for the first time.

View attachment 224827
Mercedes-Benz-Arena

View attachment 224833
Summer Transfers

It’sbeen busy regarding ins and outs from clubs in the Bundesliga this summer. Themost noticeable was Jefferson Farfan’s move to Chelsea for £20.5 Million.Bayern Leverkusen were the team to tie up the most deals with 8 players intotal joining them.

Newmanager Luke Ryder made some real moves in the window, bringing in 5 players,and at Sky Sports we have compiled a list of the top 3 signings of the unknownmanager.

Kara

Rock atthe back or in a defensive mid-field role. Throughout pre-season Ryder has beenplaying him in both positions and its hard to tell in which one he is lookingto keep him in. For £1 Million it looks to be a real steal for the new man incharge and Kara could be the man to add the determination and Strength thisStuttgart team is currently lacking in.
View attachment 224809
Kara in action for Tromso

V.Kadlec

Theyoung Czech striker looks to be a great prospect for the future, and couldcertainly contribute this season. He is a real poacher and impressed againstLiverpool in the Europa League last season. £3.6 Million was required for hisservices.

View attachment 224812
Kadlec last season

De Bruyne

Althought this transfer was intended for the summer, it has been moved till thestart of next season. Kevin De Bruyne was sold to Stuttgart for £1.2 Millionand he sure looks like a great prospect for the future. Can pick out a greatpass and is rather creative.

View attachment 224811
De Bryune in action for Genk

Also stuttgart have captured the following players.

- Timo Hildebrand on a free. Experienced keeper back for a second spell at the club.
- Carlos Diogo on a free. Well rounded right back and will add competition for the position
- Jonathan Blondel £1 Million from Club Brugge. Will provide cover in the Center of Midfield

Updates from this point on will be from the managers view and the campaign ahead.

August Results

My first month in charge of Stuttgart was quite a successful one to say the least! The board had set me a target of achieving a form of European football via our finish in the League table and our start hasn't hindered our chances

View attachment 224918

Undefeated in our first month in the league, couldn't of wished for a better start considering the fixtures, A draw away at Dortmund, 2-0 win at home against Leverkusen, and of course the 4-0 drumming of Nurnberg at Home. Not a bad start to my managerial career, but most importantly a great start for Stuttgart!

We seem to be deadly from set-pieces and over half of our goals were scored from either free-kicks or corners.

Performance of the month

View attachment 224928

Has to be the opening day win against Hamburg. Completely dominated the match from start to finish. After an early goal from Tasci from a set-piece the result never looked in doubt and we grew in confidence from that stage on.

September Result

View attachment 224921

Once again remained undefeated and on course for at least a top 6 finish. The 1-0 away win against Werder Breman was a big win as they were sitting top of the table at the time. We were under pressure through out most of the game and done well to nick the win. The 1-1 draw at Home against Hannover was quite disappointing though as we let in a late goal from a corner. But overall can't really complain as we are playing better then what was expected of us.

Performance of the Month

View attachment 224925

Massive result for us! After going 2 goals down i was fearing the worst, but the fight back was back on by half time. Cacau and Kadlec really turned on the style and won us the game. They look like a great partnership and will be key for us this season.

October Results

View attachment 224922

Unfortunately our undefeated streak came to an end at the end of October. We have been very consistent this season which is promising. As under other managers Stuttgart have been known to be very inconsistent. We started the month with a less convincing win at Home against newly promoted Augsburg, we had to rely from another late goal from a corner to seal the 3 points. An impressive 2-0 Home win against Hertha BSC followed and our passing of the ball was very pleasing. A weakened team was fielded in the German Cup and we scrapped our way through to the 3rd Round. Like i said our undefeated streak came to an end and it took something special. A 30 yarder from Holtby early on in the game was enough to see us off.

Performance of the Month

View attachment 224926

A real defensive display by the lads. To be honest it was a bit of a smash and grab from us, as Kara attacked a corner from the front post and headed Home. From that point on we played well and managed to hang on! We manage to win games even with out playing well which is a good sign if we want to challenge for the title!

League Table at the end of October

View attachment 224923

Cant complain really can we! Some would say we are overachievingbut 3 months in to the season and having only lost once is very impressive. To show its more then luck, the 2 top players in the league to date are my 2 Center Backs, Kara and Tasci. Hopefully the pair of them can keep the good performances up!

View attachment 224924

Comments are welcome! Would appreciate it :)

November Results

View attachment 225108

Not a lot of games during November, but would have to say it was one of my most disappointing months in my reign at Stuttgart. In the Home game against Koln we were 3-1 up with 15 minutes to go, but two goals from Podolski salvaged a draw for his side. It was a real kick in the teeth for us and the boys were gutted in the changing room afterwards.

One posisitive was the 1-1 draw away in Munich. A early O.G from Kara gave us a terrible start. But Cacau scored a real poachers effort with not long to go. We could of caused a upset with the last kick of the game as Genter was one on one with Neuer, but as always Neuer was there to save and end the game all square.

View attachment 225112

The worst result had to be the 0-1 Home defeat to Frieburg though. It was a game we completely dominated but didn't have the clinical finishing my strikers are needed for. Frieburg scored a early goal from a nice move. Was really angry with the boys after this game as it clearly was a game we should have won.

December & January Results

View attachment 225109

There weren't a lot of games in January so i thought id incorporate both months together for this report. December was a overall good month, about from the 3-0 defeat at the beginning of the month. Not sure what happened in that match-up but we was quick to shake it off and won 3 on the bounce (although on penalties in the German Cup).

The winter break offered us pretty much straight forward results, i let my assistant take control of this matches as i was focusing on bringing in new players. Only had a budget of £1.5 Million so had to use it wisely. Players brought in are...

Pablo Zabaleta on a 6 month loan - Diogo had injured himself long term so a replacement was needed.
Jakub Blaszcykowski on a 6 month loan- Will add competition to the right wing position.

We only played 2 competitive games through out January and we managed 1 win out of 2. The Dortmond game was a tough one, although we took an early lead through a delightful lob from Cacau, Tasci was sent off early on and we was really playing with our backs to the wall. But managed to hold on 2-1. Managed to complete the double over the reigning champs this year which is very pleasing!

Here is the league table at the end of January. I must admit the title looks a step too far but a top 4 finish is now our target!

View attachment 225110

Back