Vfl Bochum - reaching for the "Meisterschale"

• Thread starter Thread starter schmiddey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 959

schmiddey

Reaction score
View attachment 106241

Vfl Bochum - a club with a great history. However, since the relegation in 2010 from the Bundesliga, the club is struggeling. Even though they have great youth facilities, a bit like 1860 Munich they never really reached their full potential. But what the heck is their full potential? I say nothing less than winning the Bundesliga! My aim is to be promoted to the Bundesliga and finally bring the "Meisterschale" to Bochum!

After achieving to win the Bundesliga, I will see my mission as completed.

Bochum's History:

View attachment 106239

It feels good to be here. I know I can lead this club to glory. After firing half of my staff and accostumize it in the way I want it to be, I think me and my coaching team will be able to start something great here.

The Squad

View attachment 106235
As you may see, we have quite an impressive defense here. Also, our central midfielders are determined and real leaders, I like that. The teamwork in this squad is also pretty high, from which we will hopefully profil throughout the season. However, there are two striking points. First: there is no left midfielder in my squad, what a bummer. Second: With Quatschner, who is on loan from RBL we only have one capable striker in our team. I need to fix this. Having a transfer budget of only 300.000€ I need to find some bargains and/or loans to fix this problem.

The Tactics

View attachment 106232

This asymetric tactics will hopefully lead to the results I want to have. Starting with the back four, the central defenders are here to defend. Not much more, I cannot expect them to play passes like Boateng or Pique. Hoogland is there to make sure our center is closed. The right back has a defense duty, maybe I will put him on support but the right midfielder will operate as a Raumdeuter, which means basically he does not defend too well. The left back should absolutely attack, and in combination with our (yet to come) left midfielder he will be a constant pain in the *** for our opponent. In order not to waste the space behind our right midfielder, the central midfielder will either play as a box to box midfielder or a central midfielder, he has got a lot of work to do. The attacking midfielder will be our playmaker, hopefully creating a lot of chances for our advanced forward to score.

View attachment 106231

I'm not sure about the exact instructions yet, I want a lot of creative freedom for the two in the front but a stable back four, so we will see.

Back