Video card issues help

Death Ball

Reaction score
I can't find anything anywhere, and the support of ASUS is some devilish design I've been unable to navigate through to even be anywhere close to get anything. My apologies if this shouldn't be in this section, I've not seen the right one.

So as last resort I'm asking here:

I bought an ASUS nVidia GeForce GT 440 1GB GDDR5.

The fan didn't work, but at times. I restarted second time. It worked. Next session it worked. Next it stopped responding. I updated Smartdoctor and drivers. Restarted to end install. Fan not responding. Rebooted and it worked. Next session it worked. Next it started to stop-work-stop-work and then long periods of not working, until it overheated and shut down. Next it straight out refused to work. And again next session. Heating even with no load at all.

I've uninstalled the Smartdoctor and if I don't play anything demanding it stays 58ºC (from 38º when it worked with ASUS' Smartdoctor tool), but if I play anything then it overheats again and would reach 100ºC and shut down if I didn't close the game.

Would anyone know if it has an easy solution not involving changing the fan?

taking it back as defect and getting your money back or force them to give you a new card in its place.....