Vieira to put club before country

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 706

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Patrick Vieira dampens talk of an international recall by insisting he will put playing for Manchester City ahead of turning out for France.

More...

good luck with that. i suspect he is ****** with both...

Last edited:
Patrick Vieira dampens talk of an international recall by insisting he will put playing for Manchester City ahead of turning out for France.

More...

Haha he is not needed by France or City, he should retire now because he is way over the hill.

link? your probably right but yaya, barry, de jong and kompany are all better than him, maybe they want him there for some other reason than to play football :S

We have him there i think because Toure is going to play the role that Vieira played for the 2nd half of last season, it was almost like a box to box midfielder. I think Vieira is going to help out toure get adjusted and used to that role. Then at the end of this season i think he will become a manager or youth coach somewhere

I think Viera comes across as an idiot, he always backed Domenech and said he should stay with France because he knew his International Career would be over the moment someone else took over. Now that Domenech has left he wants to focus on City lol

Vieira is still great.

He has a role to fill for City, and I doubt any French player wants to play for the nation after embarrasing themselves.

Lilian Thuram called for evra, govou, henry and a few other instigators to be banned from playing for france forever, personally i think hes spot on

Lilian Thuram called for evra, govou, henry and a few other instigators to be banned from playing for france forever, personally i think hes spot on
blanc has said he wont tak action himself for that, it would have to be from above. what they did was uncalled for, but no way should domenech have even been in charged once you had already said to replace him, particular when it was obvious how unpopular he was

not a big miss for either on the field but will be off the field.

blanc has said he wont tak action himself for that, it would have to be from above. what they did was uncalled for, but no way should domenech have even been in charged once you had already said to replace him, particular when it was obvious how unpopular he was

The entire France situation was a massive **** up for everyone involved though to be honest. The French FA never should have named Domenech's successor before the tournament as it totally undermines his position, the players should have manned up and played for their country instead of flopping like a 60 year old erection and Domenech is a pretty shocking manager as a far as I can tell anyway so nobody comes out covered in glory. Good luck to Blanc, he might need it.

On topic I don't even know why Vieira is bothering releasing this statement as at both club and national level there are 3-4 players that are easily better than him who aren't garaunteed 5 red cards per season. Total non-story.

Back