Villa agree Heskey fee with Wigan

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 448

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Aston Villa confirm they have agreed a £3.5m fee with Wigan for England striker Emile Heskey.

More...

Seems a bit cheap. Wasn't there talks a few months back of £10m+ offers for him?

Seems a bit cheap. Wasn't there talks a few months back of £10m+ offers for him?

Paper talk yes, however his form has dipped dramatically since the speculation, in any case, 3.5mil seems about right. Considering he can go for free in the summer, good business by Wigan.:)

wasnt heskey goin 2 liverpool at end of season

Yeh I was gunna say that epecially seeing as not only is he English, hes in the England team.

Is his contract up at the end of the season?

Yeh I was gunna say that epecially seeing as not only is he English, hes in the England team.

Is his contract up at the end of the season?

Yes he can leave for "Buck Shee" in the summer

I fail to see why this is an advantage for Villa. Heskey will never give up in a game but he is just too far past it and has been ever since he left Liverpool.

Lets hope Villa change this though and manage to get something good out of him, I for one would certainly love to see it happen!

heskey hasnt found his "great" form recently...ever since he played for liverpool he hasnt been that good

I think hes done alright since leaving pool. Done decent at Brum and hes done well at Wigan, also isnt he one of the reasons England are doing so well?

I think its a really good signing for Villa. They need someone with Carew injured all the time and Heskyers perfect for holding it up for the runs of Young and Yourmumsahor

Heskey pwns, if you watch him every week you will see how much he contributes to a game. he holds the ball up great wins headers takes defenders away etc etc

a good buy at 3.5m

Back