• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Aston Villa manager Gerard Houllier has been admitted to hospital after being taken ill overnight, the BBC understands.

More...

Think imo may be the best thing if Gerard did the right thing and stood down from management for his own good. Life is more important than football. Not worth risking his own life. Hope he gets well soon.

In hospital with heart problems for Liverpool, in hospital now. His health would appear is seriously detiorating as a result of the stress of football management.

Before his life is really at risk, I feel he should quit. For the good of his health.

In hospital with heart problems for Liverpool, in hospital now. His health would appear is seriously detiorating as a result of the stress of football management.

Before his life is really at risk, I feel he should quit. For the good of his health.

May not though. He loves being a manager and may be stubborn about it. If your passionate about football, it's incredibly hard to give up-especially in management.

Although surgery hasn't been involved on this occasion, this reminds me a bit of the situation with Joe Kinnear quite recently. I feel he'll bring his management to an end.

Considering this has happened before with Gerard, i think it should be time for him to say thats enough...

Although Vile manager, all the best Gerard, get well soon!!

This may give Villa an although harsh way to do so, easy way out of Houlier's contract and appointing a new manager after a very average season for them. Shame for him, but football is a cut throat business, and i haven't spoke to anyone who is happy with him at the helm.

Considering this has happened before with Gerard, i think it should be time for him to say thats enough...

Although Vile manager, all the best Gerard, get well soon!!

This may give Villa an although harsh way to do so, easy way out of Houlier's contract and appointing a new manager after a very average season for them. Shame for him, but football is a cut throat business, and i haven't spoke to anyone who is happy with him at the helm.

They probably will. Like what Real Madrid wanted to do with Ruben de la Red.

They probably will. Like what Real Madrid wanted to do with Ruben de la Red.

Ye good point. Shame for him as he doesn't deserve that sort of treatment, ALTHOUGH i was tipping him to get the boot before this story broke, so i guess it softens the blow for everyone.

Houlier to stay at the Vile :wub: XD

He's a really nice bloke from what I've seen of him, and even results are taking an upwards turn. 'Tis a shame, especially as we've got god awful Gary McAllister taking over for the Stoke game. Get well soon Gerard.

He's a really nice bloke from what I've seen of him, and even results are taking an upwards turn. 'Tis a shame, especially as we've got god awful Gary McAllister taking over for the Stoke game. Get well soon Gerard.

Ahhhh hello again Mr. Fickle.

;)

Ahhhh hello again Mr. Fickle.

;)

Ha, not saying I want him as Villa manager, I'm saying he's a nice bloke. I have nothing against him personally at all. More to the point, just about anyone is better than McAllister.

All that's happened is that he was taken to hospital because he is ill. We don't know the illness or anything. Could be unrelated to his heart. And the article said "his condition is said to be comfortable." So it could just be precautionary.
So can people stop jumping to conclusions?

I wish him all the best though.

All that's happened is that he was taken to hospital because he is ill. We don't know the illness or anything. Could be unrelated to his heart. And the article said "his condition is said to be comfortable." So it could just be precautionary.
So can people stop jumping to conclusions?

I wish him all the best though.

I'm not, for one, but apparently it is chest-related, which wouldn't be good.

As a slightly related note, some people are scumbags. Now that I read comments like that, little gives me more pleasure than seeing Sunderland's current league position in comparison to ours.

I thought him coming back into management was a risk anyway with his past health. Hope he gets well soon but i think he should step down in the summer.

As a slightly related note, some people are scumbags. Now that I read comments like that, little gives me more pleasure than seeing Sunderland's current league position in comparison to ours.

Always get a minority of absolute dicks. Probably the sort that........ah can't be arsed. Not worth the hassle. Here's hoping they get the pox bunch of arseholes.
But what is even more staggering is on the SSN website. The messages where people are wishing him well, they have an unbelievable number of dislikes. Are these people actually for real? Make me sick

Last edited:
Fellow bosses wish Houllier well

sGG8E.jpg

Fellow managers have wished Gerard Houllier a speedy recovery after he was admitted to hospital

More...

They're clearly fucktards, but I have to admit the joke about him having a heart attack after watching Heskey's finishing training drew a smile on my face. I feel guilty now.

//Edit - Whatever the problem was, apparently it didn't go as far as a heart attack, which should be good news.

Last edited:
Always get a minority of absolute dicks. Probably the sort that........ah can't be arsed. Not worth the hassle. Here's hoping they get the pox bunch of arseholes.
But what is even more staggering is on the SSN website. The messages where people are wishing him well, they have an unbelievable number of dislikes. Are these people actually for real? Make me sick

Seriously? Grim stuff. Shankly was wrong for once; football is by no means more important than life or death. Even if you're a Villa fan and dislike Houllier, or a Sunderland fan and have some kind of weird complex regarding AVFC, there is no reason to do anything other than wish him well.

They're clearly fucktards, but I have to admit the joke about him having a heart attack after watching Heskey's finishing training drew a smile on my face. I feel guilty now.

//Edit - Whatever the problem was, apparently it didn't go as far as a heart attack, which should be good news.

Heh, I must admit it made me chuckle a bit. Nothing wrong with a bit of light banter, after all.

Yeah, it doesn't seem massively serious. Villans are rallying 'round, though. Apparently there's a banner being made for the Stoke game: "HOULLIER OUT (of hospital soon)"

I just hope he comes back this season (can't believe I'm saying that) because GMac is absolutely atrocious. Seriously dire. Houllier, no matter his flaws, is a thousand times better than GMac.

I'm hoping Macca doesn't get too much stick if Villa lose though. This was an unforseen situation, and came out the blue.

@Godcubed have a look for yourself at the number of dislikes on the get well messages below. It's beyond grim

Houllier taken to hospital | Aston Villa News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Makes me ashamed to be a football fan. This wouldn't happen in other sports. Still, good on Sky for deleting all the moronic comments that were presumably made.

And don't you worry, Macca will get heaps of stick. Not saying he deserves it, but he will (if we lose, of course). Sticky situation...

Back