Villa boss O'Neill charged by FA

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 344

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill is charged with improper conduct by the Football Association after his side's 3-2 defeat to Manchester United.

More...

what 4 all he said was if it was at villa park there wouldn`t have been 5mins of injury time! and he was right? don`t get its always an issue old trafford dodgy refs ect!

Where they pulled 5 minutes injury time from I'll never know. There should have been 3 minutes at most, if not 1 or 2, there were no significant stoppages in play in the second half.

Injuries to Cuellar, Barry and Agbanlahor, five substitutions (a couple where Villa players took their time to get off) and other stoppages. Riley got it right, which tbh most refs don't and just guess. Admittedly big teams often get more when chasing games but in this instance the amount of time his watch was stopped totalled over 4m 30 seconds.

Injuries to Cuellar, Barry and Agbonlahor, from what I remember weren't major stoppages and in no way took anything more than 20 seconds each to sort out.

Injuries to Cuellar, Barry and Agbonlahor, from what I remember weren't major stoppages and in no way took anything more than 20 seconds each to sort out.

mate it takes the Physio about 20 seconds just to get to the player. 3 subs = 1min 30 secs and the fact there were 4 goals in normal time in the game. How long does each restart take?

Easily 4 mins added on, 5 is justified too.

Back