• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 583
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill says Manchester City are not prepared to meet the Midlands club's valuation for midfielder James Milner.

More...

Okay. We shouldn't budge from this. £25 mil plus or no deal. I'm happy with that.

I doubt any other club will offer much more than 25M for him, I don't think we need him really..

Well, exactly. I'd settle for less than £25 mil if it were anyone else, but City? I'd rather we squeeze you a little more.

To be honest, only one club is going to be victorious here and it rhymes with Mastin Hilla

yeh, inflated prices for City and the Blues!! 25 million would be good business, but I worry who MON will buy as a replacement....S Parker is a good player but we would be desperately short of goals and flair in cm. Ireland I like but get the feeling he isn't interested. How about SWP, Ireland and either Onohuo(?) or Richards(1 year loan)

OK, Parker created lots of chances last season and can spot a pass, but we need an att cent mid

Last edited:
Martin O'Neill is clever enough to know that Man City will eventually cough up the gold.

Give it a week and City will cough up the extra bit. Or maybe even just add one of the fringe players as part of the deal.

If I was Villa, I would maybe get SWP, Ireland and a defender, Onuoha or Richards. All seem to be surplus to requirements at City and are all home grown I believe. If they are lucky they may be able to scrape some money out of the deal as well.

im convinced this will ruin milner. he would get more first team chances if he joined man utd, liverpool or chelsea.

Good for Villa.

Definitely the right move, waiting it out until City buckle or you get to keep Milner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back