• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 698

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Aston Villa caretaker manager Gary McAllister says the club will do "everything" they can to keep England winger Ashley Young at Villa Park.

More...

i dont want him at united, i'd rather have bale (i dont want him either)

It says a lot that I'd rather have Nigel Reo-Coker renew his contract.

Not sure what he brings at the moment tbh. Albrighton has done brilliantly this season, Downing has finally shown some talent as an "inverted winger" - Yes, GC; I saw your tweets to that Birmingham journalist a while back!

If he wants to leave, let him go. I think he'll go to Liverpool in the Summer and as I said before, a genuinely unhappy player in the dressing room - who fans don't even necessarily want at the club any more is only going to bring trouble IMO.

Don't get me wrong, Young is a fabulous player. On his day, he's one of the best wingers in the Prem. He's the complete package, has everything: pace, excellent crosser, hard worker, good on both feet, happy playing across the front three, good at set-pieces (well, used to be anyway), clinical.

Unfortunately, ever since his phenomenal debut season he's got worse each year, and this year has been a cacophony of inconsistencies, another thing that never used to be a part of his game. He's got the 'big fish, little pond' bug, and loath though I am to use the term, nobody is bigger than the club. I honestly think that if he moves to United or Liverpool, he could be excellent. Whether they're willing to take the risk is another matter, but he needs to stop diving and stop insisting on taking set-pieces and penalties. Those two things alone are his fault, whereas other contributing factors this season - being played in the hole - have been mostly the fault of the manager.

We like our wingers at Villa, and Albrighton looks like another off the production line. He looks very special, and has several pluses over Young: he's an even harder worker, likes to get down the line more, is younger and most importantly is a die-hard Aston Villa supporter, which means he won't get his head turned so easily (and I can't push this point enough. Agbonlahor would run himself into the ground before he loses). He needs to work on his defensive duties, but he's a ready made replacement for Young. We have an EXTREMELY promising crop of youngsters coming through - Siegrist, Clark, Baker, Bannan, Albrighton, Johnson, Grealish, Graham, Weimann, Carruthers and possibly Delfouneso - and we need to build for the future.

So long as nobody takes Downing and Albrighton, I'll be happy.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Albrighton has done brilliantly this season, Downing has finally shown some talent as an "inverted winger" - Yes, GC; I saw your tweets to that Birmingham journalist a while back!

Ah, Mat Kendrick. Nice bloke. Just think, a RT from a man who didn't know what an inverted winger is got me 10 more followers and over 200 pageviews. Like, y'know, 100 more than the combined RTing of the mighty power of Joss n' AR? ; )

Last season I've could watch Premier League matches on a TV channel here in Romania, Young was my favorite player. Basically I think Goullier cannot play him how O'Neill did, Aston Villa really dropped quality since Martin left that is for sure. Hopefully Young can drag another good season next year and help Villa lift up.

Don't get me wrong, Young is a fabulous player. On his day, he's one of the best wingers in the Prem. He's the complete package, has everything: pace, excellent crosser, hard worker, good on both feet, happy playing across the front three, good at set-pieces (well, used to be anyway), clinical.

Unfortunately, ever since his phenomenal debut season he's got worse each year, and this year has been a cacophony of inconsistencies, another thing that never used to be a part of his game. He's got the 'big fish, little pond' bug, and loath though I am to use the term, nobody is bigger than the club. I honestly think that if he moves to United or Liverpool, he could be excellent. Whether they're willing to take the risk is another matter, but he needs to stop diving and stop insisting on taking set-pieces and penalties. Those two things alone are his fault, whereas other contributing factors this season - being played in the hole - have been mostly the fault of the manager.

We like our wingers at Villa, and Albrighton looks like another off the production line. He looks very special, and has several pluses over Young: he's an even harder worker, likes to get down the line more, is younger and most importantly is a die-hard Aston Villa supporter, which means he won't get his head turned so easily (and I can't push this point enough. Agbonlahor would run himself into the ground before he loses). He needs to work on his defensive duties, but he's a ready made replacement for Young. We have an EXTREMELY promising crop of youngsters coming through - Siegrist, Clark, Baker, Bannan, Albrighton, Johnson, Grealish, Graham, Weimann, Carruthers and possibly Delfouneso - and we need to build for the future.

So long as nobody takes Downing and Albrighton, I'll be happy.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Ah, Mat Kendrick. Nice bloke. Just think, a RT from a man who didn't know what an inverted winger is got me 10 more followers and over 200 pageviews. Like, y'know, 100 more than the combined RTing of the mighty power of Joss n' AR? ; )

Never heard of him. :D

LiveScore.com
Lol what ? Adam missed a pen, then in next minute scored a pen ?
OT:
Good player, not for Man Utd.

Back