View attachment 233584
Estadio El Madrigal
Year Build: 1923
Capasity: 23,000
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Introduction

Villarreal is a professional club playing in Spain's Primera División.
Established in 1923, Villarreal only achieved promotion to La Liga
in the 1997/1998 season. In their brief time in the Spanish top flight,
Villarreal has established itself as a comfortable top-half team;
regularly competing in UFEA's Europa League and Champions League.
Villarreal's only trophy win came in 1970 when they won
Segunda División B Group 5. With no monetary problems,
a strong core team and European football, Villarreal is a club
that is ready to challenge Spain's domestic elite.

View attachment 233582

Jóse Molina, that man who masterminded Villarreal's fantastic season last year.
Collecting 62 points in a La Liga season that saw El Submarino Amarillo finish 4th,
ahead of Sevilla, Athletic Bilbao and Athletico Madrid. Jóse Molina was the man who
saw his side do a domestic double against Athletico Madrid, Espanyol and seeing his
side make it to the Quarter Finals of the Copa del Rey. The Hero of
El Madrigal now
lies in a hospital bed.

Doctors suspect it was a heart attack and have advised Mr. Molina to step down
at Villarreal Club de Fútbol S.A.D.
as the strenuous lifestyle attached with employment
as a professional Football Manger will most certainly lead him to an early grave.

View attachment 233581
Estadio El Madrigal

Villarreal chairman, Fernando Roig Alfonso, held a short press
conference this morning at El Madrigal. He, on behalf of the club,
has accepted the resignation of Jóse Molina due to health
concerns. Mr. Alfonso also stated, that club will not hold interviews
with prospective managers as they are planning to promote a coach
from within. Speculation is mounting that Villarreal U19's
head coach, Alejandro Rodríguez de la Peña, is the man being tipped to
continue the fine work done by Jóse Molina.

Last edited:
Great start mate! Really like this. Villarreal will be intriguing and there's lots of stories in Spain ATM which is cool z have a peek at my Barca one for some tips if you like.

Great start mate! Really like this. Villarreal will be intriguing and there's lots of stories in Spain ATM which is cool z have a peek at my Barca one for some tips if you like.

Sound man. I'm sick of playing in England so I fancy a change and I figured Villarreal would be a decent challenge.

Alejandro Rodríguez de la Peña

I woke up today, still smiling from the meeting with Fernando Roig Alfonso yesterday evening.
While the circumstances that lead to this opportunity were tragic, I have been presented
with a dream chance to lead this club forward. Jóse Molinawas my mentor, He was the one who
began my career, discovered my tallent and when everything went wrong, he told me to get my coaching badges when I finally hung up my gloves.

View attachment 233633

I was a fresh faced 17 year old when my story started. I enjoyed playing Football at the local
park with the school boys. Like any other child in Lisbon, I dreamed of playing professionally,
but It was only ever a dream, I seriously didn't believe I'd ever make it. At 5'9", I was a goalkeeper
who relied on his energy and attitude to get the job done. I was speedy, being able to run 100m is
just under 13 seconds but where i really stood out was in being able to read the game, looking at
how the opponents positions themselves up, I'd scream instructions at my back 2 and ensured my wing
backs played responsibly. It was this ability, that brought me to the
attention of an F.C. Porto's Scout: Jóse Molina.

I joined F.C. Porto in 1992 and spent 2 years in the youth team before breaking into the
first team in January of 1994. I made 210 appearances in 8 years before a dream move to
A.C. Milan came to be. Unfortunately, this proved to me more of a nightmare than a dream.
During my first appearance for the club, a 2-2 draw at home to Juventus, a goalmouth horror
challenge shattered the cartilage in my knee and tore my Anterior Cruciate Ligament.

View attachment 233634

I had to come to terms with the fact that my playing career was over. My surgeries involved both a cartilage transplant and bone graft to reconstruct my knee and the surrounding bone and soft tissue structures. The whole process took 5 years at in that time, I found my desire to remain in football grow. While these successful surgeries enabled me to regain the use of my leg, I was unlikely to ever be able to play competitive football again.

View attachment 233646

Determined to stay in the game, I called my old coach at Porto, Jóse Molina, the man who had spotted something in me all those years ago, I was hoping he could do it again. He suggested i get I got my FIFA coaching badges and 2 years later, aged 32, I joined him at Villarreal as a Goalkeeping Coach.

I spent the next 5 years working closely withMolina, the man who gave me football, not once but twice.
He recommended me to get the U19's job when Fran Garci took over Villarreal 'C' and I worked my hardest to
prepare the kids and sent them up the club structure as soon as they were ready. We all saw it as a tragic heart attack that ended his managerial career, he saw it differently.

Jóse Molina
"Alejandro, from the moment I saw you in that park 15 odd years ago, I saw something in you.
You understand this game and have done well with the youth, the future of Villarreal. I don't see this as
a heart attack making me resign. This is God's will, allowing me to give you one final gift in Football"

View attachment 233628
I vow to take this club forward. That will be my gift to Jóse Molina.

good start mate I'll be following. I have a save with villarreal atm and I would highly recommend Sime Vrsaljko. He seems really suited to the style that villarreal have with their quite narrow formation and the full backs pushing right up the pitch

good start mate I'll be following. I have a save with villarreal atm and I would highly recommend Sime Vrsaljko. He seems really suited to the style that villarreal have with their quite narrow formation and the full backs pushing right up the pitch

Sound man, I'm having fun both playing this save and writing the story. I'll definitely take a look at him. I know he is a good player and If I can afford him without breaking the bank, I'll look into making a bid.

Good start. In my Bilbao save/story Villarreal are constantly struggling and just sold Rossi to Spurs for 35m in 2014. Good luck!

Try loaning some Barca/Masrid youngsters maybe Morata from Real and Tello/Isaac for Barca. They doing ok for me at Barca.

Good start. In my Bilbao save/story Villarreal are constantly struggling and just sold Rossi to Spurs for 35m in 2014. Good luck!

If I'm going to sell Rossi, it's going to be for €60M+ and not a cent less :P He's far too valuable to the team; both a finisher and play-maker.

View attachment 233730
Press Conference

Only hours after being appointed as a replacement to Jóse Molina at Villarreal C.F. S.A.D.
Alejandro Rodríguez (de la Peña) held a press conference at El Madrigal for the ceremonial
discussion with Spain's media.

I was nervous. This was my first press conference as a manager. Sure, I had occasionally spoken
to the media in my playing days or after a youth match, but never as the man in the suit, the one
who either had the praise or the blame. I cleared my throat and just spoke.

"Good morning. Well, you know who I am so let us skip the formalities. I am here because I believe.
I believe in this club, I believe in our chairman, I believe in our fans, our players, our staff and
I believe in myself. My priority has to be youth. I just came from this teams academe so i know what we are capable of, and I believe this club is capable of producing, training and developing our own players. I have a few transfer targets in mind but I have no intention of spending money this club dose not have. We cannot compete financially with the clubs we play against week in, week out. Any questions?"

Reporter: "What style of play do you wish to employ? How will you be setting up your team?"
Me: "Well, I'm a fan of the pass and move mentality. With the technically gifted players at our
disposal, we would be fools for not getting the on the ground and playing it.

Reporter: "What players are you looking at in the transfer market?"
Me: "I'm boarding a plane for Argentina tomorrow to watch Daniel Villalva. He is young, fast,
has a great touch and is well able to attack the line with ball at his feet.
I will be working on a deal to bring him here while I have delegated
scouts to observe a few other targets."

View attachment 233731
Daniel Villalva

I left thinking nothing positive to myself. I did not enjoy those things, pointless if you ask me.
As I drove back to the hotel, I quickly ran over what was needed. The players do not return from holidays until Thursday, so that gives me 4 days to assemble a back-room team.
View attachment 233732

Time to get to work. Pre-season is nearly upon me.

great update mate villareal a gd challange and Villalva is amazing for me at my atalanta save

I sat at my desk, rubbing my eyes to try banish the sleep from me. I glanced toward the clock on
the wall, 2:19am it read. I was not usually up this late, I try to get my paper work done by at least
11am so I can be fresh and ready for training. Because of my leg, training is not an easy task for
me, but I need to be seen to be making an effort to be involved, otherwise, how can the players
generate respect for me.

View attachment 234198

I had ordered a list of the clubs financial books, I need to study the accounts to figure out
where the money is coming from and more importantly, can I afford signings and begin
preparations to improve the facilities: I want the training facilities, youth facilities, stadium and phyisio and
fitness departments upgraded as I feel they are not up to par with a 'European team'.
Maybe I was allowing my personal history to influence my decision, but injuries can be costly; not
only to the player, but to the club as well. Keeping our players fit it vital to success.

View attachment 234200

And so, as I stare at numbers on a sheet of paper, I had to seriously think about what we
were going to do. The Chairman told me earlier that he can free up two and a half
to three million Euros; but that has to account for both playing
staff and backroom staff. I rub my eyes again.

"How am I going to make this work!" I say to myself, frustrated by the sheer lack of money.
I guess reality has no place in a dream. Especially to the dream of so many: Football.

the following morning
View attachment 234206

Like any other weekday morning, my alarm clock wages its war against my slumber.
I find myslef wide awake, staring at its mangled remains. A dent in the wall from where it
collided after leaving my left hand, I wondering to myself; who won todays encounter, me or the alarm clock?

I packed my laptop and the collection of notes left to me by Molina, this plane journey to
Argentina was going to give me plenty of time to source targets and figure out
my plans for pre-season and more importantly, the upcoming Champions League Best
Played Play-Off: the draw might not have been made yet, but we must be prepared
for whoever is drawn against us.

From watching pretty much every Villarreal game over the past 3 years, I felt i was in a good place
to make a judgment call on who our key players are.

[TABLE="width: 500, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD]View attachment 234210
Giuseppe Rossi
Position: CF

The Italian Genius
Easily our gem in
terms of natural ability,
talent and technique.
He is both a finisher
and a provider.[/TD]
[TD]View attachment 234211
Borja Valero
Position: CM

The Midfield Maestro
The man in midfield.
An exceptional passer,
great first touch and
he rarely makes
mistakes on the field.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]View attachment 234217
Nilmar da Silva
Position: ST

The Brazilian Bullet
His pace makes him a feared
poacher. His quick feet,
direct aggressive dribbling
and the ability to create
things from nothing, make him
the obvious choice
to lead the line.[/TD]
[TD]View attachment 234212
Diego López
Position: GK

The Nimble Giant

The man between the posts.
With amazingly quick reflexes
that belie his 6'5" stature,
he is able to move his body
to reach shots other men his
size simply could not. Very
comfortable under high ball,
he refuses to let crosses
make a fool of him.[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

View attachment 234221
Valencia - Madrid

My flight to Buenos Aires, Argentina; was a direct flight from Madrid. The board had
offered me a flight from Valencia to Buenos Aires, stopping-over in Madrid but I decided to to
take the train to the capital; I hate stop-overs. I was excited to be heading to Argentina as
River Plate's (my scouting target's club's) next fixture was a domestic derby.

View attachment 234245
Bocca Juniors vs River Plate.

I boarded my flight to Argentina and settled into my seat. A glass of scotch in my hand,
my laptop open with a video of River Plate's last match, I kill time while the pilot and
crew of IBERIA's 747 prepare for take off. A 13hr flight awaits me and with a
€2,218 business class ticket, this 19yr old better light the stage up and give
me a reason no to leave Buenos Aires without his signature.

View attachment 234255
IBERIA:IB6845

Last edited:
Back