• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas says his side face a "different challenge" against Manchester United on Sunday, following their 2-0 Champions League win over Bayer Leverkusen.

More...

United first big test, I think they'll pass it with flying colours.

Of corse he wants a win, i would take a draw even though if we did lose it being so early in the season it wouldnt be catastophic. Both clubs first big test this season and im looking forward to it, Utd wont be able to cut through our midfield and backline as easy as they have done against other oppnenets this season. Also if you do manage to beat them you then have to beat the best keeper in the PL all this while trying to stop us attaking them.

It's just made for Torres to score, he looked back to somewhere near what he is capable of last night, that must give him some confidence. Looking forward to the match, will be watching it with my Chelsea pal after a huge night out in Norwich, should be some good banter. As long as we maintain our form tonight, I'll still fancy us come sunday

Think it will be a very close game, but with how both teams are playing at the minute, United are Favourites

although dont write chelsea off!

Yes Utd are playing well but my god it makes me laugh how much Chelsea are being written off already.

Now you know how united fans felt last season. Dont buy into the hype

Now you know how united fans felt last season. Dont buy into the hype

I know, its mainly the lazy jounelism and pundicts. Chelsea have done what people said they needed to do via the players we bought in and out etc. Its not even that its just everyone seems to say its only down to the two Manchester clubs this season, Chelsea have improved too and finished 2nd last season and deservadly so. I can accept what LFC Marshall just said in he feels Utd may win but dont write off Chelsea. But it really confuses and ****** me off when people write us off completely.

I wouldn't cross out Chelsea, because they can vex ManUtd. I bet an interesting game and both teams'll draw 2-2.

I know, its mainly the lazy jounelism and pundicts. Chelsea have done what people said they needed to do via the players we bought in and out etc. Its not even that its just everyone seems to say its only down to the two Manchester clubs this season, Chelsea have improved too and finished 2nd last season and deservadly so. I can accept what LFC Marshall just said in he feels Utd may win but dont write off Chelsea. But it really confuses and ****** me off when people write us off completely.

Given our current form, recent results against Chelsea, and the fact it's at home, United are favourites, but it's by no means an easy game or even a season defining game. It'll be funny listening to the media write off whoever loses though.

It'll be a) United's young guns not good enough, did SAF make an error in not signing Sneijder?

or b) Chelsea's old age shown up by United's youth and verve

It's not United fans writing Chelsea off though, it's everyone else. Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of football will know that Chelsea will compete for the title and will be difficult to beat, there's a long way to go and Chelsea showed last season that nothing can be taken for granted in football. Any team can beat any other in the premier league, it's that strong. Remember the likes of WBA, Fulham and Wolves taking points off us last year, and Burnley the season before? We could quite easily outplay and outscore Chelsea, and then lose to Leeds and Stoke the week after.

It'll be a great, and difficult game. But I still see early chinks in Chelsea's armour. Especially last night, had Leverkeusen scored in that dominant part at the start of the second half, it would have been a different game.

I'm going 2-0, but it will be 0-0 at half time.

Given our current form, recent results against Chelsea, and the fact it's at home, United are favourites, but it's by no means an easy game or even a season defining game. It'll be funny listening to the media write off whoever loses though.

It'll be a) United's young guns not good enough, did SAF make an error in not signing Sneijder?

Or if they draw:

C) Man City to win the Premier League as Man Utd didn't sign Sneijder and Chelseas team is too old.

Or, in the event of a draw, how both teams haven't strengthened enough and will be unable to challenge Barcelona for the CL.

as long as we keep kalou off the pitch, we have a chance. go play mata-torres-sturridge AGAIN, AVB!

Back