• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 518

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas predicts a close Premier League title race as his side move three points behind Manchester United and Manchester City.

More...

What? Between City and United? Lol, I can't see Chelsea getting anywhere nearer than 3 points, imho.

What? Between City and United? Lol, I can't see Chelsea getting anywhere nearer than 3 points, imho.

Typical, i see no evidence why we cant not only just challenge but beat Utd and City to the PL title. The critics said Chelsea needed youth and more creativity in the summer so we went out and bought Mata (23 and creative), Meireles (creative ish), Oriol (19), Lukaku (18) and got Sturridge (21 and creative) back in the first team squad. Just what the critics and the people who wrote us off said we needed but it apparently still isen't enough.

Last edited:
Title race is 3 horse race.
Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City.

Write them off at your peril. Chelsea have been improving steadily, and will only get better under AVB.

If Torres gets back to his best, Chelsea will be right up there. If he doesn't- well they have other good strikers and will still be up there, but IMO a Torres in his prime will be the difference between 3rd/ 2nd and 1st.

I agree with AVB, in that it'll be a tight race. Predicting we only win it by 1-2 points in all honesty.

If Torres gets back to his best, Chelsea will be right up there. If he doesn't- well they have other good strikers and will still be up there, but IMO a Torres in his prime will be the difference between 3rd/ 2nd and 1st.

Yeah I agree with that.

To right us off at this point is just stupid - I think United and City are both more likely to win the title, but if we adapt to the new high line and zonal marking, and if Torres continues scoring, then we'll have a real good chance of winning.

Back