Wage structure / Offering new contract without ruining it?

• Thread starter Thread starter craiigman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3K

craiigman

Reaction score
Right now my wage structure is, well it's okay. There isn't any real structure to it, but I'm not over paying anyone by a significant amount. Screen shot:

WbDQz8p.png

Walcott is the only player on £100K and that's because he started on it. I got rid of Podolski cause he wasn't performing at a £100K a week standard.

However I am now at that stage where my £60k per week players are performing week in, week out and are going to want a wage increase soon. So I want to beat them to the punch and offer them new ones, but from previous games I know that they often want way more than they should. Which breaks the wage structure completely.

Don't get me wrong, Koscienly is worth £100K a week for me right now, but I don't want to be paying anyone that much. Walcott's an exception.

So yeah I know I need better structure, rotation players are earning more than important first team players. But I want to do it so I don't over pay or make players want to leave for not meeting their demands!

Right now my wage structure is, well it's okay. There isn't any real structure to it, but I'm not over paying anyone by a significant amount. Screen shot:

WbDQz8p.png

Walcott is the only player on £100K and that's because he started on it. I got rid of Podolski cause he wasn't performing at a £100K a week standard.

However I am now at that stage where my £60k per week players are performing week in, week out and are going to want a wage increase soon. So I want to beat them to the punch and offer them new ones, but from previous games I know that they often want way more than they should. Which breaks the wage structure completely.

Don't get me wrong, Koscienly is worth £100K a week for me right now, but I don't want to be paying anyone that much. Walcott's an exception.

So yeah I know I need better structure, rotation players are earning more than important first team players. But I want to do it so I don't over pay or make players want to leave for not meeting their demands!

When they ask for a new contract you can talk to the player, under the contract section to lower wage demands. See if you have any luck with this.

I actually don't mind if they come to me about a contract. I tell them to prove it to me on the pitch. It delays it for another month and you can get some great performances out of them. After that you have to pay them tho...

The unfortunate problem with a team where everyone is developing at once is that at some stage you'll probably struggle to pay them all. When this happens you can sell one or two and use that to pay the others, or just sell a bunch and upgrade your stadium to build revenue for the future.

You can negotiate higher bonuses in their contracts for achieving certain goals (i.e. team of the year, score x number of goals, etc). Though they may never reach it, it softens the wages as they will then see that as a greater incentive to then gain the monetary rewards.

just wait till they ask for it,and how far into it are you because I assume that berbatov isn't going to be on 70k much longer if youre a couple of years in. see if you can offer him a lower wage because older players are sometimes willing to do that,and that could help pay for someone who asks for an increase

I always experience these kind of things. Players want to get as much as they can from the club especially when the club become rich..

Adding in a minimum fee release clause helps to lower wage demands (Just put it at like 100m or something) also, add the One year extension after x amount of games in the final season, that helps to lower it too. Additionally, add seasonal landmark goal bonuses to defenders like Koscielny for 30 goals, as they'll never reach it.

Back