Waking the Giant-Red Star Story

• Thread starter Thread starter milanss22
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 5K

milanss22

Reaction score
SLEEPING GIANT FROM BELGRADE

So I have decide that my second FM story will be with my favorite team again, Red Star. My first story was for FM 15. In this story goals are same:

• Clear debt
  • Win 3 doubles in first three seasons
  • Become European and World Champion again
As many of you know, Red Star was European and World Champion in 1991. After that club didn't have any major (nor minor) European success. And recently arch-rival Partizan has been dominating in Serbia. Well it's time to put them back in their place.

HISTORY:
Red Star (Crvena Zvezda) was founded on 4th of March in 1945. It is most successful club in Serbia and ex-Yugoslavia. Stadium that Red Star uses is called "Rajko Mitic", former Marakana. Rajko Mitic is best player that ever played for club so finally in 2014, Marakana was renamed. Stadium was built in 1963 and has seating capacity of
55,538.But record attendance was 117,000, in 1975!
View attachment 156885
Club has probably the most loyal fan base in Europe. Fans are called Delije.Delije means Braves,or Heroes. This Ultras group was founded in 1989. Motto of group is "Red Star is life, the rest are small things." Two biggest rivals are Partizan from Belgrade and Dinamo from Zagreb,Croatia.Derby against Partizan is called THE ETERNAL DERBY. This is how Delije look like when its derby time.
<b><font color="#ff0000">[video=youtube;hASzr7v0Sp0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hASzr7v0Sp0[/video]
And now trophies:

• 27 times National Champion (record)
  • 24 Natonal Cups (record)
  • UEFA Champions League 1991
  • Intercontinetal Cup 1991
​So right now club is in huge debt. It is going to be very hard to conquer the world again, but with fans like Delije, everything is possible.

Good luck, unlucky for you that Jovic left them in January although I guess the move helped with the debt clearing.

FIRST SEASON:
Like I said club is in debt so we will have limited resources. On the bright side we have some great young talents in our team like Jovic,Jovanovic, Grujic,Ristic etc. Bunch of players left in order to get some transfer money. Here are transfers for first season.
View attachment 156842We signed Maras, one of best young DC from Serbia. Also we got Zdjelar on loan, and Boban Bajkovic returned to Rajko Mitic.
View attachment 156841View attachment 156840View attachment 156839
In addition to those players, we had players that came out of our great academy.
View attachment 156838View attachment 156834View attachment 156832View attachment 156831
Goal in this season is to win double and try to get to Group Phase of UEFA Europa League.

JOURNEY TO EUROPE:
So we have reached last round of qualifications, harder that I expected. Now we are up against Athletic Bilbao. Even if we don't manage to get past them I won't be too disappointed.
View attachment 156824
In domestic league we started with two easy wins.
View attachment 156823

EUROPEAN DREAM COMES TO AN END!
We did not stand a chance against Athletic. In Spain we lost 4-1 even tough we took lead. But Maras was terrible in that game, had 4.2.
View attachment 156692
In SuperLeague we are on top, all wins. Hugo and Ibanez are playing really well.
View attachment 156691

So I got sacked because team moral was low. I refused to sell Grujic, Jovic and Jovanovic and board sacked me...

Back