want to win & get promoted?

• Thread starter Thread starter shane1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 830

shane1

Reaction score
hi all, ive just finished a season of with Barnsley did rubbish just about to start a new season and this time i want to win want to know whats best training and tactics to use? and the best players who will be high goal scores and ideally want to go all season without losing a home match? Is it possibly? cheers guys

There are plenty of useful tactics in the tactics subforum if you are unsure of how to build your own. That's what I used in FM 10 and FM 11 until I figured it out -- but that's mainly because I know nothing about football because where I'm from we call it soccer.

However, getting promoted is pretty easy and I do it on a regular basis without the benefit of shortlists or knowing who exactly to buy. The key difference is finding a tactic that suits your team, sticking with it, and then buying players that fit it. I tend to go for very strong, aggressive tactics. I might concede more than I should, but I score more too.

Also, don't be too attached to your players. Feel free to sell them if you can find someone better (scouting is a big help, as is the scout suggestions from the backroom advice menu). I tend to not sign anyone unless my assistant manager says they are at least 4 stars or if their potential is maxed out. I've developed players from the Blue Square South that are still key contributors in the Premier league because I gave them time on the field and they grew every year.

Hope that's a starting point.

i just finished my 1st season with Barnsley and managed to finish 2nd in the league and got them to the semi final of the FA CUP beating chelsea and Newcastle on the way. use formation 4-1-3-2 worked for me Haynes played well look at freebies traing i just kept it to the usually stuff if u need any more tips PM me

Back