northern84

Reaction score
Hi guys,

In my 3rd season at Man United. 1st season we won the Champions Cup. Season 2 saw the quad (League, CWC,
FA Cup & Champions Cup again after a 5-0 win).

But perhaps the biggest achievement in 2020/21 so far is that we’ve only conceded 1 goal in the first 17 league games. DDG has 17 clean sheets in 21 games with 5 conceded.

I’ve never seen a defence like it on FM or CM, has anyone else had similar experiences at United. First choice back 4 is Dalot - Lindelof - Jones - Tierney, back up of O’Connor - Milenkovic - Smalling - Shaw. We are also top goal scorers in the league with 35 in 17.

Let me know now if you’ve have similar.

Cheers

Hello

In FM 2009 or 2010 I had Igor Akinfeev in goal for my dominating Manchester City side, and we only conceded 11 goals all season in the PL in around Season 3 or 4.

Not had a defence quite like it since!

Wow, that is now my new target for the season!!! Akinfeev was a tank on the old games.

I actually have Milenkovic as well in my Blackburn save. Formed quite the partnership with Holding. I don't think my goals conceded numbers were THAT low, because playing a high press with a high line is always going have some risks.

I actually have Milenkovic as well in my Blackburn save. Formed quite the partnership with Holding. I don't think my goals conceded numbers were THAT low, because playing a high press with a high line is always going have some risks.

Holding looks pretty decent, how did he do? Milenkovic is just a big Unit isn’t he?! He gets skinned & doesn’t recover well. Lindelof, despite being poor in the air, is a much better option for me.

Holding looks pretty decent, how did he do? Milenkovic is just a big Unit isn’t he?! He gets skinned & doesn’t recover well. Lindelof, despite being poor in the air, is a much better option for me.

Wait, I lied. Its not Milenkovic I have. Wrong big Serbian bruiser. I did have Milenkovic with Loko a couple versions ago and he was fantastic, before he moved to Italy.

Svetozar Markovic is the Serbian I signed. Decent size but he's developed elite physicals and strong technical skills. Great on the ball for a central defender. Unbelievable steal for 2m - which was down to a release clause.

Holding has been way more than I expected. Honestly, I wanted Chris Smalling or Dael Fry. United listed Smalling for like 18m and he wasn't interested at that point. Boro wanted between 20 and 30m for Fry. I only grabbed Holding because he was transfer listed for a good price - 8.75m Euros. Helped that he was willing to come to a smaller club. Very consistent for me. Averaged something around 7.4 for the season and a half, and started getting capped for England. He still had some room to get better but I wasn't sure he would. Now he's almost reached it. I'm not sure he's quite good enough for the very biggest of clubs but he did great for us.