Amrak007

Reaction score
I'm currently manager of Man Utd and England but I can't get wayne rooney to perfrom. He's always around 7 and hasn't scored in ages.
I'm playing him as complete forward attack in a 442
How everyone else getting on with him? How are you playing him?

i play him as a deep lying forward, in support and he is awesome, sets up a lot of goals but also scores his fair share!

Try my 4-5-1. 2CBs, 2WBs (In full back position: support), 1 DMC (Anchor Man), 2CMs (1 Central Midfielder: Support, 1 Advanced Playmaker: Support), 2 Wingers (Inside Forwards: Attack) 1 STC (Target Man: Attack)
Match Shouts: Play through defence, retain possession, play out of defence, play wider, exploit the flanks, pass into space, look for overlap
Tactics: Control and Fluid
Scores tonnes of goals (5-1 vs. Chelsea in which Rooney scored a hat-trick) so far the results have been 1-0, 1-1, 4-0, 5-0, 6-0, 5-1, 3-1, 8-0 with Rooney usually getting 2+ goals a game

go to tactics section and use Raikan's Might and Magic
I've used it with M. Utd and it worked very well
otherwise use him as deeplying striker support with normal mentality and medium-high creativity (his buddy should be a poacher)

I've just finished my first season with United and won the champions league and premier league first time of asking. I play rooney in a 4-4-2, use him as a deep lying forward on attack, make him move into the channels and come or the ball from deep, have Hernandez as a poacher and watch them two work the magic. Rooney played 29 games in the league and gave me a return of 34 goals. When playing away from home I play Rooney behind Hernandez as an attacking midfielder and put his duty as support and he bosses the midfield. Just a few tip's like mate hope these work for ya !!!