Wayne Rooney Transfer

• Thread starter Thread starter Sherkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 5K

Sherkey

Reaction score
So, does anyone know what sort of amount (approximately) you can get for Wayne Rooney in the 2nd season? I'm at the Winter Transfer Window, Rooney has had a decent season, and Bayern offered 50 Million $ for him (15 + 35 over 48 months). Again, Dollars.

So, my main question is, do I accept it now? Or hold on to him, and sell him in Summer? I'm on course to win the PL, so that should boost his value a bit too..

I am thinking of selling him anyhow, mainly because his personality makes him a pain to handle in FM. But I'm worried if any clubs will come in the summer for him. Anyone had any experience with it?

View attachment 325577

Just sell him now when you have a decent offer if you're planning to get rid anyhow.

Just sell him now when you have a decent offer if you're planning to get rid anyhow.

The issue is, the payment is spread over 48 months. And since United is not so good financially in this version due to the massive debt, I was just wondering if there was a possibility of receiving a better offer for him in the summer..

well,you should put league appearance clause,then set ,after one league appearance to pay 20-30 millions dollars

The issue is, the payment is spread over 48 months. And since United is not so good financially in this version due to the massive debt, I was just wondering if there was a possibility of receiving a better offer for him in the summer..

Not worth it. I would accept less (say 40) but paid upfront.

Accept it! It doesnt matter if its over monthly, will help if your got debts to pay. Accept it and run!!!!

I sold him for £29m to Chelsea, wanted him off my wage book... (David Moyes... you idiot for giving him a wage that high... when he's average at best imo :P)

Probably could have got more but wasn't interested in risking a collapse of talks since I wanted him gone, Munir, Barbosa and RVP were just all better than him.

I think im in the minority here but I always re-train Rooney as a CM over the first season, he is really effective for me as CM Attack or AP Support. In this save I paired him with Kovacic in central midfield and he has adapted very well to become a vital part of my team and a club legend, breaking Charlton's goal record too. Think he will be important to me until 33-35.

I like the idea of Rooney finally being acknowledged as a legend, being a Utd fan, so I prefer keeping him as long as he adapts well enough. Which he has in this save.

Notice his tackling, along with great attacking output for a CM at 31, almost 32 now but looks to have at least a couple of good seasons left in him.

View attachment 325393

Back