We all live in the randy Brandywell

Reaction score
Right guys im back with another save lets hope this one goes a bit further!

So all UK leagues loaded large DB starting the game in July 2010 a quick look at the Irish 1st division saw that league favorites Derry City were cut adrift of the promotion race with 15 games to go. So I took them over with a view to consolidation for the 1st season and push for promotion in the second.

So Derry City, big club relegated due to financial problems, actually based in Northern Ireland, play at the 8200 (2900 seats) The Brandywell in Londonderry. Fairly basic facilities etc etc.
Nothing special, nothing poor!

This sounds good!

Your TNS one was truly amazing!

It was great it really was and I hope at some point that I can go back to it after a similar number of seasons with this one I might flick between the 2 of them!

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Season 1 (well half a season!)

After I took over board weren't bothered about placing/cups (although we were already out of the league cup) I was hopeful of keep pace with the Play-off challengers and maybe just maybe. I got dumped out of the FAI cup which the complained about all season!

After assessing the squad I only brought in a full back and a centre half (who under me was the top goal scorer)

However after just one defeat and 3/4 draws I finished 2nd in the league play-off time.

1st Division Play-off Final - Shelbourne (Away) 2-2 aet eventually went through on penalties
Premier Division Play-Off Final 1st leg - UCD (Away) 2-0
Premier Division Play-Off Final 2nd leg - UCD (Home) 1-0

So an unexpected promotion but one I will gladly take!

Back