• Thread starter Thread starter gyroman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2K

gyroman

Reaction score
Tottenham%20Hotspurs%20Theme.jpg

Glossary

This is my first story that I have posted on this site. I really hope you all enjoy!

The First Day...

The cab pulled up to the corner, it was a sunny day, it was quite warm too. The cab driver had the radio on in the front, it was the first time that I heard my name spoken over British radio.

Spurs have ended their search for a new man in charge. Picking up PSV Eindhoven Coach Will McLane.

It was a surreal moment, one of those moments where you can say that you have made it. The driver opened the door for me, I stepped out, grabbed my suitcase and threw my jacket on. Today was a big day for me, I would meet with Chairmen Daniel Levy to discuss what the future is in hold for the club and myself. Mr. Levy been at Tottenham since 2001 and has seen a couple of managers come through, it would be key that we would see eye to eye on the direction we want to go.

I walk into the building, the look of it looked of a Premiership type club, one of those where you could see the pride just busting at the seams. The secretary looks up, "Hello Mr. McLane, Mr. Levy is busy but he should be right down to see you." I nod with a smile and take a seat, I will say I was a little nervous sitting there. I met Mr. Levy during the interview process but I never imagined that I would get the job. This is for real now, the club is in my hands and I want to do the best I can.

Mr. Levy came down from his office to greet me.

I'm sorry to make you wait Will, one of the boys had an accident at the house and has to get stitches. You know how boys are.

Each of us having a good laugh while we walked up to the business room. We took a seat and business began.

Well, where to begin, lets talk about what we have right now.

"Feel like we have a good squad here as it is, don't think there is much that needs to be changed."

True, but we always want to improve our team. Champions League is the top priority.

"Understood, many trophies to be had at this season. Maybe look at some depth"

We can but let me make this completely clear. The cash cow is the top 4 spots in the League. The Cups don't pay that much and UEFA League is a joke. I'm not saying winning trophies isn't important, but the top 4 is the one that needs to happen.

"Yes sir, once I get with the scouting team, I'll let you know some of the players that I'm wanting to go after."

Mr. Levy passes me over a yellow folder.

Go ahead and open it up, that's the current financial capabilities of the club. We're giving you a decent amount of cash to spend this summer.

"Well, its not enough to go after star names, but it's enough to get people who can defiantly help"

Next subject now, what's your thoughts on our youth system here?

"It's alright to be honest, but it can be a lot better than what it is"

It's not the best, but it's not terrible. What's your goals that you would like to achieve with that.

"In my opinion it needs to be the best of the best. It can't be second tier to Arsenal, West Ham, or other ones. I want our academy to be known up there with the Barcelona's, the Ajax's, the top of not just Europe, but the world. I want to bring in the top coaches around Europe to groom these young players. First thing that we need to do is update our facilities, not just with the youth but with the senior squad. Then to bring in a couple of more coaches that have been around a while."

Let me stop you there, you have to know that we don't have the deepest of cash pots. Your ambition is high ,and that's why we wanted to bring you here. We're going to give you the capabilities to do what you wish but we're going to have a say on who comes into the club.

"Sounds fair to me, it's looking about that time where I have to go get ready for the press. Looking forward to work with you."

Same to you Will, good luck at that press conference, you might need it.

dbimage.php
Tottenham Hotspur 2011-2012 Goals
dbimage.php

• Make it into 2012-13 Champions League
  • Update Youth and Senior Facilities
  • Get rid of deadwood coaches and players
  • Bring in Top Coaches in Europe to bolster the Club

We'd like to welcome the new manager of Tottenham Hotspur, Will McLane. He'd like to make a statement then take a few questions.

Hello, I'd first like to thank Mr.Levy and the rest of the people at Tottenham for bestowing this opportunity to me. Secondly, I have to say that it's an honor to be the manager of such of great club that has some of the best fans in the world. Lastly, I am not here just as a stepping stone for another club. I am here to bring Tottenham into the being the top club in not just Europe, but the world.

Mr. McLane will now take some questions.

Jaime Rednapp of Sky Sports- Do you think that you'll be able to hold on to Gareth Bale and Luka Modric through the summer?

Actually I do, I feel like we can keep both of them for quite a while. We're in negotiations to keep Luka here till 2015 at the least.

Luke Edwards of The Telegraph-How does it feel to be the only American Manager in the Premiership?

Doesn't feel any different than when I was at PSV. I have high expectations of myself and I plan to bring those to club.

Zac Riggs Goal.com-What's your approach on the Europa League this upcoming season?

We want to win trophies, but I'm not going to lie when I say I want to be in the Champions League.

Jeremy Wilson of The Telegraph-Glen Johnson and Javier Hernandez have been rumored to come to Spurs, any truth in that?

I like what we have at the full back area, little thin, but I like what is there. Chicharito is an amazing, young talent. What coach would not like to have him?

Jaime Rednapp-Mr. McLane, what's your expectations for the upcoming season?

To win the league, that's always my expectation for all my teams.

That's enough questions for the manager, we'd like to thank you for coming out today.

A Hot July...

It was the first time we got to actually come together as a full team. We had loads of talent, and loads of enthusiasm. We had many veterans on the team, so there really wasn't much coaching to be done. I let my assistants do their job, and I just pitched my opinions in on the formations that I wanted to be worked on. I worked more with the youth guys and coaches, since we were a little short handed due to a couple of guys being let go. We were scheduled for six friendlies for the month of July, including a trip to the United States, as well as a televised match up against Italian powerhouse Inter.

July Friendlies

images
Tottenham Senior Squad: 7 - Tottenham Reserves: 0
images

Scorers: Tottenham Senior Squad-Rafael Van der Vaart, Emmanual Adebayor(2), Jermain Defoe, Aaron Lennon, Kyle Walker, Louis Saha
2dv8s8y.png

Man of the Match: Aaron Lennon- 9.30, 1 Goal, 1 Assist

This was a good way to start off the season. A good clean scrimmage with the Senior guys getting good conditioning in and getting used to new tactics. It was also good because a lot of players got too get some experience against top competition. Overall, it was a successful day.

4-pachuca-cf-1466.gif
Pachuca: 1 - Tottenham: 3
images

Goal scorers: Jermain Defoe, Giovani dos Santos(2)
2rnvjmw.png

Man of the Match: Giovani dos Santos- 8.70, 2 Goals

We didn't start off well in this one, partly because that Emmanual Adebayor had a slight quad injury in training the past couple of days. So I decided to hold him out for the trip. Louis Saha got the start but he didn't seem to make much of a dent in the game, maybe still getting back into good fitness. Jermain Defoe came in at the half and got a quick goal, then Dos Santos came in around the 65th minute and knocked in two quick ones. Could've been better, but good for our first away game.

4-leyton-orient-744.gif
Leyton Orient: 0 - Tottenham: 5
images

Goal Scorers: Jermain Defoe(2), Harry Kelly(O.G.), Aaron Lennon, Giovani dos Santos
11sgz93.png

Man of the Match: Jermain Defoe, 9.50, 2 Goals, 1 Assist

We came out with a quick start and didn't look back. We scored 3 goals in the first 10 minutes of the match, with one from Jermain Defoe, Aaron Lennon, then the own goal by Harry Kelly. He didn't get the MotM but Luka Modric was the conductor today, really set up the passes one or two passes away from the killer pass.

Q0ZSIENsdWoucG5n
CFR Cluj: 0 - Tottenham: 6
images

Goal Scorers: Claudio Gafiti(O.G.), Luka Modric(2), Aaron Lennon(2), Gareth Bale
5a20c421.png

Man of the Match: Gareth Bale- 9.50, 1 Goal, 3 Assists

Another very good game from the side. We experimented with a different tactic we were working on, a 4-2-3-1 with Bale, Modric, and Lennon as the attacking midfield. Scott Parker was the defensive mid/holding mid, and Van der Vaart was pretty much allowed due what he wanted too. As you can tell, it worked pretty good.

images
Tottenham: 1 - Inter Milan: 1
inter-milan-small.gif

Goal Scorers: Maicon(O.G.)
image_reasonably_small.jpg

Man of the Match: Wesley Sneijder- 8.50, 1 Goal

Little disappointed with this, as we pretty much had the match wrapped up before Sneijder knocked in a goal in the 88th minute. We played decent ,but not great. We had 3 or 4 chances to really knock in some goals. Inter's back four played very well in my opinion, but we still had to knock the ones we got into the goal. They say that it was an own goal by Maicon, but the ball was bouncing around so much in the 6 yard box that it was hard to tell who actually knocked it in. It was a decent performance against top competition, but we still have room for improvement.

5363.gif
San Jose: 0 - Tottenham: 1
images

Goal Scorer: Jermain Defoe
11sgz93.png

Man of the Match: Jermain Defoe- 8.10, 1 Goal

This game was special for me because it was like a homecoming for me. All my family and friends were at the game and it was a really special time. We put on a show today, we sent up 33 shots and 16 were on goal, including 4 off the woodwork, only one got into the back of the net. We have one friendly left before the League season begins.

The News

Club News
images
- Tottenham have signed Luka Modric to a 4 year extension, keeping the Croation in London until 2016.
images
- Spurs have snatched up Italian youth coach Gian Nicola Biscotti on a 3 year contract.
images
- Spurs have picked up Watford fullback Lee Hodgson for a total of $2.7 million.

Premier League News
6158.gif
- Manchester City have signed Zenit Midfielder Danny for a sum of $30.5 million.
6145.gif
- Arsenal signs Walter Montillo and Diego Perotti for a grand total of $39.0 million.
6140.gif
- American Clint Dempsey makes the move from Fulham to Liverpool on a fee of $9.5 million.
6152.gif
- Swedish defender Martin Olsson makes the move to Serie A club Inter for a total of $11 million.
6157.gif
- Manchester United turn down offer from Spurs for striker Javier Hernandez.

World News
images
- Real Madrid pick up American Midfielder Landon Donovan from LA Galaxy for $13.5 million.
inter-milan-small.gif
- Inter pick up two more players, Lille defender Mathiue Debuchy and PSV midfielder Atiba Hutchinson for a total of $27 million.
Soccer.jpg
- The England coaching vacancy was filled by former Spurs manager Harry Rednapp.

Rumor Mill
6157.gif
- Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has been linked to move to Real Madrid, Juventus, and Bayern Munich.
lille.gif
- Lille midfielder Eden Hazard has released a preliminary list of 50 teams he wants to move to.
6158.gif
- Manchester City has been on the prowl of FC Porto striker Hulk.

Club Meeting

Now Will, at the end of every month I like to bring every month I like to bring everyone together and discuss the situation of the club. I've discussed with the rest of the board about your request of upgrading the youth facilities. We've decided that we're going to go ahead and do this, should be finished by November. We were wondering on who you've decided on using in the net to start the season?

Well, Pat and I have had a couple of discussions on what to do. I think were going to end up going with Gomes, I am understanding that City have made an offer for him?

That's true, but it wasn't what you and I have discussed on the price of him.

Sounds good, Friedel will be a good backup for what we got.

The board has also discussed about the acquisition of Javier Hernandez. We're not too keen on you spending over 30 million on him.

I'm not either, I believe United's counter offer was around 51 million. I have asked Ian to go to a couple of his matches to get a couple more looks on him.

Well I know you have a business to attend, I'll be here if you have a question or something.

Thank you sir, have a nice day.

End of Month Press Conference

Mihir Bose of Inside world football- How is the feeling that you can keep a player like Luka Modric around for awhile?

It's a great feeling, Luka is a class act and he's a player that you will always want to have on your team.

Jaime Rednapp Sky Sports- Is there any concern on the injury of Emmanual Adebayor?

No, not at all, he's been working the quad out pretty good. He played about 30 minutes back in San Jose, he should be ready by opening day.

Kevin Palmer ESPN- Spurs have been quiet this transfer window, any chance we can see move anytime soon?

I'll never say never, but we're more keen on keeping some of the players we have right now. That's enough for today boys, see yall in August.

Back