• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 370

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway says defeats earlier in the season, rather than their final day loss to Manchester United, were the cause of their relegation.

More...

They did brilliantly. Most people, including myself, wrote them off before the season began and were convinced they would finish bottom with a similar points total to Derby. But they have been brilliant this season and unfortunately ran out of steam 2nd half of the season. they will be missed

I know i like many gave them no chance of staying up or even being competitive at the start of the season but how we are all wrong. Yes they went down but they should be very pleased with themselfs.

Have to feel for Blackpool. They've been great this season and played a positive style of football not many would expect from the rank-underdogs. They even went top of the league for a small amount of time on the opening day, because they never sit back for 1-0.

Hopefully they will re-group next season and come back to the PL :wub:

Was absolutely gutted when they went out, any other season they would have had enough points to stay up. They play great football for a small club and Holloway is a badass. Really hope they get promoted next season and can stay up.

Back