Weekly Challenge Thread - with a twist

fmisawesome

Reaction score
So the basis of this thread is that every 1 or 2 weeks I will be posting a challenge (lasting one season) for whoever wants to to take it. If enough people take it, there will eventually be a leaderboard.. I am aware that there are already a few brilliant weekly challenge threads on this forum, for instance this one http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-challenges/75157-weekly-challenge-championship.html however the difference is that each week I will be adding a twist, one that you get a lot of extra points for following! The first challenge will be two weeks so more people can take part in the first challenge. So without further ado, let me introduce you to the
ARSENAL YOUTH CHALLENGE
Everybody knows that Arsene Wenger has a real eye for bargains and good youth players. Robin Van Persie was brought for just £2.8 million while Cesc Fabregas came to England when he was around 15. But how young can you really drive this team while still achieving success?
Instructions:
No cheating! To minimise this risk, you are only allowed to save this game a maximum of 12 times during one season. Also, try to use your own tactics!
Set your past experience as automatic
No RTEs or anything that helps you cheat in any way.
Don't use monthly installments when buying players
No holidays
Arsenal game Instructions:
Load only the English leagues and set the minimum league to the npower league 2. Set a medium database
Use Real Players -yes
Use Real Fixtures When Avaidabe - Yes
Add Key Staff - no
Add Players to playable teams - no
allow first window transfer budgets - yes
Enable Player attribute masking - yes
Extra Twist: For every player who is 23 or under at the start of the season and has made 30 or more appearences that season, you get 10 points. For every player 20 or under at the start of the season who has made 30 or more appearences that seaon, you get 15 points
Premier League: 1st: 100, 2nd: 80, 3rd: 75, 4th: 60, 5th: 50, 6th: 45, 7th: 40, 8th: 35
Champions League:
Winner: 150, Finalists: 130, Semi Finalists: 100, Quarter Finalists: 75, 2nd round: 55
FA Cup: Winner: 85, Finalist: 70, Semi-Finalist: 50, Quarter Finalist: 40
League Cup: Winners: 70, Finalist: 55, Semi - Finalist: 45, Quarter Finalist: 25
Screenshots Required:
To start: Your new game league selection details
Your manager profile
To end and submit: Screenshot of transfers, game status, final premier league results, final Champions League results, final FA Cup and league cup results, and screenshot of your squad which includes the player ages and appearences.
Thanks for reading and I hope you take part in the first episode of this challenge!
I'll kick this off!
View attachment 174280View attachment 174281

im in. i was looking for a new challenge but also idly setting up an arsenal team with the idea of doing just this so it must be fate. i've scored myself a few bargains already...

Quick query-you didn't mention whether we can set our own seasonal expectations in this. I had been working on the Shakhtar challenge on the previous thread and that was straight forward as they expect you to win the league, but as you've chosen Arsenal and default expectations are a little lower, can we choose a higher league expectation to access more cash? I suppose it wouldn't matter if you put them higher, as if you didnt achieve them it doesn't matter that you'll be sacked as this is a one season challenge, but it seems fairer to make it clear so we're all on a level playing field.

You can set your seaspn expectations to anything you want that's possible.