Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Going Semi-Pro

So that was quicker than expected. When Aveley came calling I really could not resist the chance to take over. I really enjoyed my time at AFC Haywards, and winning the league with them was a real bonus. Now though, I am to take Aveley into the Blue Square South Divison. There is 1 automatic promotion spot, and 4 play-off positions. My aim is to hopefully challenge for that one automatic spot.

To do this, I have already bought in some of my own players. I bought in Alex Watson and the mighty Martyn Pearson from my old club AFC Haywards.

View attachment 341924 View attachment 341928

I also found these two beastly players. Cookes finishing is among some of the best ive ever seen, and I have high hopes for him this coming season. I also signed Parrott, who looks like he is going to be rock solid at the back.

Slightly annoyingly, my game glitched and my job offer from Aveley disappeared, so I had to create a new manager and take over them

Should get through seasons much quicker now! Took me 1 day and 23 hours to do 1 season! Just done 2 weeks in like a 2 minutes haha

2.1. Continuing In Good Form

It looks as though I have taken for form from AFC Haywards and bought it here to Aveley. It looks as though we are going to smash our media expectation of 19th. In the first 4 games we have played, we have managed to score 13 goals and only conceed 3.

Dulwich Hamlet 1 - 4 Aveley

Daillo (62) - Cooke (29, 41, 53, 90+1)

A great way to start off the first game as Aveley manager. Cooke got himself on the score sheet 4 times, which set somewhat the tone for the following games.

Aveley 3 - 0 Wealdstone

Cooke (12, 72), Bellairs (53)

Another superb game for Cooke. Unfortunately he was unable to get himself a hat-trick again. Bellairs also got his first ever goal for the club. There were also concerns in this game after Cooke came off injured, but lucky he will only miss one game.

Wingate & Finchley
1 - 3 Aveley

Holesgrove O.G (78) - Hutchinson (5, 65), Moore (82)

Hutchinson stood up and took the plate from Cooke, and got himself on the score sheet twice. Moore also got himself his first goal for the club.

Aveley 3 - 1 Canvey Island

Pearson (27), Cooke (57, 60) - Dickens (83)
Pearson showed the fans why I had such faith in him and bought him from my old club. He scored an excellent volley to get his first goal for us. Cooke came off the bench at half time and got himself another 2 goals to add to his tally.

Player of the month - Tommy Cooke

View attachment 342197

Cooke has been in fine form so far. 8 goals in 3 games. Any guesses on how many goals he will get this season?

League Position - 1st

View attachment 342198

Status
Not open for further replies.