Wenger bemoans penalty decisions

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger hints that home advantage may have played a part in the award of a penalty to Manchester United in his side's 2-1 defeat.

More...

Wenger is such a ****... He is the sole reason I don't like arsenal!

its same at man u always has been for years!

the intire yid squad are twats its the sole reason i hate spurs!

well yea it was a pen but they scored about 2 mins after that so what does it matter

I love the guys football philosophies and the way he likes the game to be played but the double standards of the man are in a word ugly,only his team are allowed to dive,go in hard on the opposition,play defensive away from home.He is probably the sorest loser of all time,ive never once heard him give the opposition any credit unless he's beat them 3 or 4 nil.

Unfortunately it was a penalty decision, Almunia made a mistake coming for it, and didn't pull his arms away in time so he made contact.

its same at man u always has been for years!

the intire yid squad are twats its the sole reason i hate spurs!

Nice mature response from you as usual.

i know i'm a United fan so this will be a biased comment but the first one, Fletcher tackled Arhsavin and got the ball, the second one.. Almunia did catch rooney, sometimes we see them given when the player jumps over the goaly with no contact, everybody could see the contact.

Was a good decision, althought United were gifted the 3 points in truth

i know i'm a United fan

Thank god for that! (6)

Fletcher tackled Arhsavin and got the ball

Forgot about that. IMHO, he was very lucky to get away with that, any other day that would've been given! Just look at the challenge down the other end - I think it was Denilson?? - exactly the same challenge, Man U got a free kick and the Arsenal player got booked. The only difference between to two was that the latter was outside the 18 yard box.

i know i'm a United fan so this will be a biased comment but the first one, Fletcher tackled Arhsavin and got the ball, the second one.. Almunia did catch rooney, sometimes we see them given when the player jumps over the goaly with no contact, everybody could see the contact.

Was a good decision, althought United were gifted the 3 points in truth

The Man U penalty was a penalty in modern rules even though Rooney punted it forward and fell before he was touched but you can't say that Fletcher fairly tackled Arshavin, that is ridiculous. The only contact he got with the ball was from his hand - Afer he used both feet to bring down Arshavin.

The Man U penalty was a penalty in modern rules even though Rooney punted it forward and fell before he was touched but you can't say that Fletcher fairly tackled Arshavin, that is ridiculous. The only contact he got with the ball was from his hand - Afer he used both feet to bring down Arshavin.

It doesn t give 2 hoots whether Fletcher got the ball or the leg, all it would of been was a yellow card, and arshavin scored 20 secounds later.

And I am surprised wenger saw the penalty, as he doesnt see them very often.

But I wasn't talking to you. Don't interupt when I didn't quote you.

Last edited:
He's entitled to then quote you, and challenge what you said.

Or do we no longer live in a Democracy?? :S

He didn't challenge what I said, he simply came out with a stupid statement I didn't ask him about: "It doesn't give 2 hoots" (What the f**k by the way).

What I don't get, which none of you are mentioning, is that Fletcher did the same as what Van Persie did outside the box at the other end later on, but who got a yellow card? RVP, not Fletcher. Bias refereeing played a big part in Utd's win yesterday.

These forum dicussions are getting way too serious,lighten up a bit guys,everyone seems to hate each other lately.

I'm at peace with everyone until they have a go at me. :)

What I don't get, which none of you are mentioning, is that Fletcher did the same as what Van Persie did outside the box at the other end later on, but who got a yellow card? RVP, not Fletcher. Bias refereeing played a big part in Utd's win yesterday.

Yeh, I mentioned that. I forgot who its was though:

Just look at the challenge down the other end - I think it was Denilson?? - exactly the same challenge, Man U got a free kick and the Arsenal player got booked. The only difference between to two was that the latter was outside the 18 yard box.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

These forum dicussions are getting way too serious,lighten up a bit guys,everyone seems to hate each other lately.

Sorry :)

I just didn't like the way Redrup spoke to scott button.

yeah your right who cares didn`t expect arsenal to win at old trafford and if theses a game in the 38 u`d excpect to lose it would be away to united! so no big thing i think its only hard to excepct because we out played them and came away with nothing! time to move on i feel from my side anyway appoligise to anyone who felt insulted!(K)

Back