Wenger compares Diaby to Vieira

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 974

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger says Abou Diaby is "just like" former Gunners skipper Patrick Viera after the midfielder's two goals against Portsmouth.

More...

Lol, he isn't as good as Vieira yet, he'll be good in the future, but not sure about being as good as Vieira

Arsene Wenger getting ahead of himself there.

I personally rate Diaby, I think he has come a long way in the past 2-3 seasons, but he is definitely not at that level yet.

Viera was immense.

plus vieira was better defensive and i wouldn't play diaby in that dm role because he's far to attacking

plus vieira was better defensive and i wouldn't play diaby in that dm role because he's far to attacking
got say i agree diaby is a good ball winner and is good going forward but he dosen`t have the disaplin to keep that dm role!imo patrick was and still is a legend and it will take alot to get to that stage but he`s got skills so u never know?

Give him time I must say though when I watch Arsenal [Usually in Europe] there football revolves around Fabregas and Diaby hardly has a say in things and never seems to be out there in the sense the star player.

Diaby is a good player and has come far but to compare him to Viera is too much. Though he is still young and could, with luck, become a very good player

he is not the same type of player
he is a runner he always makes runs into the box which is good but not a good comparison
viera in my opinion is the 4th best cm in prem history

Diaby will never be in viera class, viera and keane where in a league of there own

I've always thought Diaby could be as good as Vieira, just look at him. He's as big as Vieira and is good on the ball, remember the carling cup final Arsenal v Chelsea, he was looking like he was already as good as Vieira, till he kicked John Terry in the face( he looked as though he was really shook by that)

The problem with diaby is that no one knows what is his favourite position..ive basicially seen diaby play everywhere in midfield but yet still dont know where his perferred position is.

Vieira is better at diaby defensively but diaby is better offensively and is a much better player on the ball and going past players two different players imo.

Back