Wenger points England to Frimpong

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsene Wenger urges the Football Association to persuade Arsenal's young midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong to play for England.

More...

In the future maybe, he cant expect him to be good enough now

EDIT: just read the report, I misunderstood.

another Great DMF to go with Song and Eastmond

if he continues to improve he has all the arrtibutes to be the central midfielder that we need

I think Emmanuel-Thomas looks better at the moment Imo, but every player helps :D

He looks a good little player from what I've seen over the past few days. Disappointing that he'd rather play for Ghana over England but thats understandable I suppose.

Would like it if he opted for England over Ghana. Would be nice to have some Arsenal players on the England national team roster.

He looks a good little player from what I've seen over the past few days. Disappointing that he'd rather play for Ghana over England but thats understandable I suppose.

I suppose he would rather play alot of games for Ghana, rather than having a chance of playing a 'bit part' career with England, it is too early in his career to be choosing, I belive, and if he thinks he is good enough, and if Wenger does aswell, I think he should wait till he has established himself as a player before deciding on what country he would like to play for.

play first team for arsenal and yer why not.

he may not wait that long and no doubt ghana will try to offer him a place in there squad the next time they play, just to make sure if he does turn out good he plays for ghana not england

Would like it if he opted for England over Ghana. Would be nice to have some Arsenal players on the England national team roster.
aye its been a while since you had a decent number on there

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:59 PM ----------

I suppose he would rather play alot of games for Ghana, rather than having a chance of playing a 'bit part' career with England, it is too early in his career to be choosing, I belive, and if he thinks he is good enough, and if Wenger does aswell, I think he should wait till he has established himself as a player before deciding on what country he would like to play for.
ghana will play him sooner rather than later. they have a very young squad, and they, unlike have us, have no problem in throwing in a youngster and backing him to the hilt

ghana will play him sooner rather than later. they have a very young squad, and they, unlike have us, have no problem in throwing in a youngster and backing him to the hilt

That is true, but considering the standard that the two teams play, and the current world rankings, who would you rather play for?

Personally, I would rather wait, I wouldn't want to comprimise playing for England as, theoretically, they are a higher standard than Ghana, with better players to play with, and a better chance of winning a major trophy. I wouldn't class African Cup of Nations a major trophy, as it's every 2 years and the standard of it is quite low, with only a handful of 'good' teams.

I suppose its all down to what you want more, to play in a good team and have a chance of *maybe* winning the world cup, or getting a bucket load of caps.

That is true, but considering the standard that the two teams play, and the current world rankings, who would you rather play for?

Personally, I would rather wait, I wouldn't want to comprimise playing for England as, theoretically, they are a higher standard than Ghana, with better players to play with, and a better chance of winning a major trophy. I wouldn't class African Cup of Nations a major trophy, as it's every 2 years and the standard of it is quite low, with only a handful of 'good' teams.

I suppose its all down to what you want more, to play in a good team and have a chance of *maybe* winning the world cup, or getting a bucket load of caps.
i agree, we shouldnt rush it. be we should at least talk to him. and watch him like a hawk. its mainly potential for now, but he's a player that we sorely lack, like hargreaves but better on the ball

I really rate the lad, from what I've seen he looks like a good player for the future, hope he chooses England and it can only help us.

Last edited:
Back