Wenger talking nonsense - Moxey

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey accuses Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger of talking 'nonsense' about tough tackling.

More...

Wenger > Moxey

end of discussion

Doesn't have a clue what he's talking about

what annoys me is he always ******* about tough tackling, but there were a number of tough tackles on silva this weekend, one of the biggest hypocrites alive sometimes.

Yeah, well, he would say that wouldn't he..

Wolves are a quite aggressive team, but naming teams (if Wenger did, not too sure) is too far. Saying Some teams in the league are too aggressive for my liking is enough.

Wenger > Moxey

end of discussion

Wenger's a ***, he moans about hard tackling and then does it against City.

what annoys me is he always ******* about tough tackling, but there were a number of tough tackles on silva this weekend, one of the biggest hypocrites alive sometimes.
no he ******* about tackles on the man,not the ball, which your side did more than once in that game

Wenger > Moxey

end of discussion

Of course he does, since he's the chairman of a premier league team. Wenger needs to learn that teams will play to their advantages, whether that's long balls, 'beautiful football' or whatever. The game's played differently.

one time, silva had the ball and fabregas went in hard on silva, not the ball
and de jong (pretty sure it was de jong) went in twice on fab, nearlyy giving away a second pen, lucky it was just outside the box. There is a different between a one time event, and consistent use re karl henry. i like physical tackles, especially the slide tackle, but it seems tackling is no longer taugh as a skill these days, and its just and excuse to go in hard and hit whatever is there,man or ball.

and de jong (pretty sure it was de jong) went in twice on fab, nearlyy giving away a second pen, lucky it was just outside the box. There is a different between a one time event, and consistent use re karl henry. i like physical tackles, especially the slide tackle, but it seems tackling is no longer taugh as a skill these days, and its just and excuse to go in hard and hit whatever is there,man or ball.
This isnt about de jong or henry, i know they go in hard. But arsenal do it aswell, which is what annoys me

This isnt about de jong or henry, i know they go in hard. But arsenal do it aswell, which is what annoys me
you brought fab into it i was perfectly entitled to bring de jong into it,and henry is the kind of tackling he is talking about.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

at the end of the day, there is a problem with the way we tackle, whether its fabregas or de jong

Well it sort of is about Henry, considering it's about Wolves..

Wenger has said, and Madsheep just said, he doesn't mind hard tackles, it's the consistent going in hard, for the sake of it, and not thinking about whether you get man or ball - there are mistimed tackles, which i, of course admit that Arsenal players do, and there are niggly fouls, which Song admittedly does, and Wilshere has a tendency to do, but Kompany and De Jong were both kicking lumps out of our players on Sunday (If you don't want to talk about Man City, don't bring up Sunday :S) - You gave an example of an Arsenal player not going for the ball, then Madsheep gave a perfectly good example of a Man City player doing the same, and then you want to talk about something different?

Wenger is one of the best managers to walk this globe but he isen't always right and needs to stop moaning. He hates the niggly no need fouls off the ball and they got Song.

Wengers a *****, plain and simple. Jack Wilshire is a dirty player, at the weekend, arsenal give as good as they got, thats probaly why they won becuase they wherent worried by the bigger players, The Arsenal fans need to release this isnt 3 seasons ago, where your players where little boys, they are now men who do stand up for them selves. Football is a competitive contact sport. you expect some rash challenges, Get over it.

Wenger didnt defend Wilshere he said it was a bad tackle and Wilshere deserved to be sent off. Really trying to say his players dont tackle?

Wengers a *****, plain and simple. Jack Wilshire is a dirty player, at the weekend, arsenal give as good as they got, thats probaly why they won becuase they wherent worried by the bigger players, The Arsenal fans need to release this isnt 3 seasons ago, where your players where little boys, they are now men who do stand up for them selves. Football is a competitive contact sport. you expect some rash challenges, Get over it.
Don't put us all together.
Just because Wenger is always having something to say about tackles, doesn't mean every single fan goes on about it :S

Wenger didnt defend Wilshere he said it was a bad tackle and Wilshere deserved to be sent off. Really trying to say his players dont tackle?

When has Wenger ever said this? I agree with what Scott said. It's a contact support, you will no doubt be 'hit' at somepoint. Deal with it, move on. Your being paid over £50,000 a week, that should ease the pain.

TBH Wenger made a good point. Many think being physical or hard tackling means being thugs. He said he has no problem when opposition goes hard for ball rather than targeting players. Its no coincidence we have so many broken legs issues in past 1 year.

Back