Werner or Avdijaj?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dharrison
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 16K

Dharrison

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with either Timo Werner or Donis Avdijaj??

or can anyone reccomend a better striker?

Carlos Fierro. Never seems to improve in real life but whoever scouts him for SI loves him. 3rd season in a row and they've still made him an absolute beast and he is cheap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gotta love FMBase, i swear every time someone asks for advice on whether they should sign A or B, everyone suggests X, Y, Z etc...

barbosa is amazing but like wellington new u have to pay his agent a ridiculous amount for him. Striker- Luka Jovic

Last edited:
You gotta love FMBase, i swear every time someone asks for advice on whether they should sign A or B, everyone suggests X, Y, Z etc...
Haha, yeah I came in to this thread expecting people to be recommending the likes of Barbosa, Jovic or Munir.

To OP's question; it totally depends on what role you want to assign for the given striker. Werner is a poacher and can arguably develop into a great advanced forward as well, while Donis on the other hand (given his technical and mental abilities) is more suited to a creative role for example the false 9.

As Gannicius says, it's really about what type of system you want to fit them in, if you're looking for someone to spearhead your attack but still have to create chances, then you want Advijaj, but if you want someone to stick the ball in the net for fun, then go for Werner.

Well I'm looking for someone to score for fun so Werner seems like the best option! I'm not rele looking for a false 9 just a poacher and a natural goalscorer! So does Werner fit that position?

How long does it take for Werner to become first team quality or is he ready as soon as?

And how good is this Luka jovic? I haven't come across him yet!!

The earliest you'll be able to get Jovic is 01/01/06 (or at least it was for me) as he's only 16 and doesn't even have a full cap yet. I've got him on a pre-contract but no idea how good he can become. Contract expires 2018 but if you are very quick, this might be an extension from start - don't know to be honest, I only signed him in 1st January window.

He's @ Red Star Belgrade in case you're looking for him and will cost you about £300k & 2 Milky Ways and a Curly Wurly a week in wages.

It's random up to a point but Avdijaj has suck seriously sucky mental stats in my current save: Concentration, leadership, teamwork all 7's, work rate 9, positioning 5. Physical isn't much better: jumping reach 5, stamina 8, strength 6.

Going to have to go with Richpage13, £ for £ (pun completely intended) you need Carlos Fierro in your life.

But all I got is a Mars bar and a small bag of maltesers ??????
i will look for jovic straight away and check him out!!

I'm still torn between Werner And Fierro but Fierro seems to be popping up alot
so I think I will take my chances on him!

Carlos Fierro seem to have rave reports in a few football managers in the past so how come know one had picked him up in real life
or is FM being kind to him??

Im managing Stuttgart and Timo Werner is awesome. He can dribble all pitch alone. His main role was poacher when i came. After half season his main role is false 9. I didnt give any invidiual training. I played him AF and he became Topscorer in League.

I started as Portsmouth in league 2 in current save. Had to sell / loan back / release most of my 1st team squad, got in the maximum of 8 loans to afford Carlos Fierro. He scored > 50 goals in all competitions playing as a loan striker (treq) and I got promoted via play offs.

I know it's only league 2 but he's about 19 / 20 yrs old @ start - probably why he's not ripping through the Premiership in real life. SI is definitely being kind to him.

trust me, Jovic IS a beast, maybe not as good as Fierro, but hes getting there, at least in 2 of my saves so far. heres some ss after 2 seasons.

HuAANUi.jpg

IX0kIBb.jpg

Lz5QO3r.jpg

Back