West Brom 2015/2016 is this a bug?

• Thread starter Thread starter Dufflead
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 1K

Dufflead

Reaction score
Hi there,

I managed to finish 2nd in my first season as West Brom manager in the premier league in the 2014/2015 season (no cheating). Incredible season with an extremely limited budget, problem is I've been given a 1.2 million budget for the next season. That's enough for two loans.

I don't understand how this is the case as my transfer business has been positive (net gain of 10 million) and I've maintained the wage budget to the original figure of £850,000 p/w. So how have the board managed to reach this conclusion that a 1.2 million budget is an acceptable figure?

I understand this comes across as sour grapes but surely I'd have received more if I'd finished in mid table, as predicted. Has this happened to anyone else and what should I do from here as it's extremely demoralising and I literally cannot build a squad now to cope with the demands of trying to compete on multiple fronts, never mind trying to improve the original.

Thanks

Hi there,

I managed to finish 2nd in my first season as West Brom manager in the premier league in the 2014/2015 season (no cheating). Incredible season with an extremely limited budget, problem is I've been given a 1.2 million budget for the next season. That's enough for two loans.

I don't understand how this is the case as my transfer business has been positive (net gain of 10 million) and I've maintained the wage budget to the original figure of £850,000 p/w. So how have the board managed to reach this conclusion that a 1.2 million budget is an acceptable figure?

I understand this comes across as sour grapes but surely I'd have received more if I'd finished in mid table, as predicted. Has this happened to anyone else and what should I do from here as it's extremely demoralising and I literally cannot build a squad now to cope with the demands of trying to compete on multiple fronts, never mind trying to improve the original.

Thanks

850k p/w in wages seems like a high number for WBA's club size so it wouldn't surprise me if this meant the projections were quite poor. What's the current financial balance/projection?

Back