West Brom - 4th Season - 19mil - RB & CB needed.

Sean Taylor

Reaction score
As the title says, I need a right back and a centre back. I am West Brom and after having a successful 3rd season and finishing 5th in the Premiership, I have been entrusted with a budget of 19mil and 750k on wages, after I get rid of some dead wood this season I will have roughly 22mil to spend and then about 80k on wages before i hit the barrier.

So I would like those 2 positions filled with premiership standard players, please don't suggest players that that will ask for alot of wages and please don't suggest Vrsalijko since Inter signed him first season and he is their first right back, so i won't be able to compete with his wage offers.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Papdopoulos, Otamendi, Sakho, Musacchio, Lovren, Subotic, Papastathopoulos.

Try seeing how much those want, two in bold i'd suggest most.
Also Toloi if he's still not changed club, could get him fairly cheap and for pretty low wages and he's pretty solid.

Not sure about RB sorry :p

Papadopoulos - Schalke / 4.5mil / 25.5k wages
Otamendi - Porto / 7mil / 40k wages
Sakho - PSG / 7.75mil / 41k wages
Musacchio - Man City / 7.75mil / 120k wages
Lovren - Lyon / 6.5mil / 40k wages
Subotic - Man City / 5mil / 79k wages
Papastathopoulos - AC Milan / 7.5mil / 33k wages
Toloi - R. Madrid / 6.75mil / 56k wages

Thanks for the suggestions, I now wished I asked the question at the start of the first season so I could of got some of them. They are all world class! Doubt i'll get any of them now but I think my best bet would be Papadopoulos at the moment!

Sebastian Coates and Leonardo Galeano. Mario Fernandes, Danny Wilson, for centre backs
Renan, Samuel Inkoom, Nathanial Clyne, For right backs

CB:

Leonel Galeano (Independiente)
Salvatore Bocchetti (Rubin)
Marek Suchy (Spartak Moscow) (not too sure about this guy, but he signed for Inter in my save so he's doin' something right, lol)
Andreu Fontàs (Barcelona)
Andrea Masiello (Bari)
Manoel (Atlético Paranaense)
Toby Alderweireld or Jan Vertonghen (both Ajax)
Stefan Bell (Mainz)
Ömer Toprak (Freiburg)

RB:

Diego Renan (Cruzeiro)
Danilo (Santos)
Sébastian Corchia (Le Mans FC)
Lorenzo Di Silvestri (Fiorentina)
Romário (Vitória) (might be a bit too young, though; well worth a look anyway)
Andreas Beck (Hoffenheim)
Lamine Gassama (Olympique Lyonnais)

If Vrsalijko is Inter's first choice RB, what happened to Davide Santon? He might be available.

Right backs:

Trasch, De Silvestri, Kyle walker, Serge Aurier, Mario Fernandes.

Not sure how good Kyle Walker will be on yours but he's probably the best English RB on my game atm.

Papadopoulos is amazing on my game. Definitely suggest getting him. Kyle Walker would be great as well. Only cost me about 4m in my 4th season

Sebastian Coates or Marek Suchy isn't in my game, maybe you have to have a certain nation loaded?
Leonel Galeano is available so going to scout him and check him out.
Mario Fernandes is also available but scout have said he will be pricey but i'll see what i can do.
Danny Wilson is Liverpools' first choice centre back so don't really have much chance.
Salvatore Bocchetti plays for Man City so can't match the wages -.-
Andreu Fontas plays for Malaga and has recently transferred so will have to wait a while if i choose to go with him.
Manoel now plays for Spartak Moscow after signing for 11.5 mil so i don't have a chance.
Toby Alderweireld plays for Hoffenheim and is totally in my price range at 4.8 mil but can't compete with his 79k wages :/
Jan Vertonghen still plays for Ajax, my price range and good for my wages so might scout and put in an offer for him :)
Stefan Bell worth 3.1mil and my kind of wages so also might scout and put in an offer for him :)
Omer Toprak plays for Bayern Munich and is a pricey fella! So thats a nope.

As for the right backs..

Renan is within my price range, going to scout him.
Samuel Inkoom plays for PSV and is on 55k wages so i can't compete.
Nathanial Clyne is cheap and on low wages so i'll scout him also ;)
Danilo is currently on loan but doesn't look good enough to get a first team place in a top 5 team at the moment, maybe later on?
Sebastian Corchia Lyon just signed him for 13mil so not a chance.
Lorenzo De Silvestri plays for Bayern Munich and out of my wage zone.
Romario is cheap and really low on wages, going to scout him!
Andreas Beck is on 82k wages so no real point xD
Lamine Gassama is a bit pricey but within my wages so doesn't bother me, doubt he will move from Lyon though :/
Davide Santon is currently in Inters' reserves but is worth 8.5mil so will take a large offer unless I can get some of the price on monthly installments without crippling the teams finances.

Sorry about rabbling on, I like to display all the details xD This is the downside about being West brom, since you don't get much income throughout the season which I guess makes it more challenging and fun which I appreciate! But its just annoying how many players man city buy! Then when they want to offload players you still can't get them since the players don't want to take a huge wage drop :/ Its so annoying!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will explore all the players I have said I will :)

EDIT:
Trasch is 38k on wages so a no go.
No chance of getting Kyle Walker, since he plays for my fierce rivals (the worst team ever xD) Wolves -.-
Serge Aurier, i have a good chance of getting him since i'm Ivory Coast manager and i got him his first cap and so i'm a favored personnel!

Yeah i'm currently trying to negotiate with Schalke about Papadopoulos but they are extremely stubborn and want ALOT of money, so I might have to get some monthly installments on the go!

Last edited:
Back