Sean Taylor

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could recommend some Deep Lying Forwards for my West Brom squad. I'm about to enter the January transfer window with a predicted budget of 9mil since I'm currently 4th and was predicted mid-table plus I have 7mil left over from the start of the season.
Although I play in the champions league this season after finishing 4th last season I don't have a high reputation so attracting players is not easy so realistic signings would be appreciated.

I am going to be using Raikans Might & Magic tactic for the rest of the season to add variation to my tactics so the AI doesn't crack them. I don't need poachers since i have quite a few of those: Quintero, Paloschi, Shane Long, Odemwingie.

So any help would be appreciated guys :)

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could recommend some Deep Lying Forwards for my West Brom squad. I'm about to enter the January transfer window with a predicted budget of 9mil since I'm currently 4th and was predicted mid-table plus I have 7mil left over from the start of the season.
Although I play in the champions league this season after finishing 4th last season I don't have a high reputation so attracting players is not easy so realistic signings would be appreciated.

I am going to be using Raikans Might & Magic tactic for the rest of the season to add variation to my tactics so the AI doesn't crack them. I don't need poachers since i have quite a few of those: Quintero, Paloschi, Shane Long, Odemwingie.

So any help would be appreciated guys :)

I think you should check out Alan from Salzburg. Also check Papiss Cisse. I think he has good stats for DLF, but cant remember for sure.

I think you should check out Alan from Salzburg. Also check Papiss Cisse. I think he has good stats for DLF, but cant remember for sure.

Papiss Cisse looks like he'd be good to be fair, scout report says that he would be extremely interested in joining so that good! Only problem is that the scout said it would take 12.25mil to sign him, but I'll try and negotiate it down. If not then Alan certainly looks like he could fill that spot if he gets a work permit - scout says he would fail it :/

Papiss Cisse looks like he'd be good to be fair, scout report says that he would be extremely interested in joining so that good! Only problem is that the scout said it would take 12.25mil to sign him, but I'll try and negotiate it down. If not then Alan certainly looks like he could fill that spot if he gets a work permit - scout says he would fail it :/

Just do a few mill of the payment over 48 months. 4 or 5 mill shouldn't be noticeable at all especially if you finish the league in 4th as you are now.

Just do a few mill of the payment over 48 months. 4 or 5 mill shouldn't be noticeable at all especially if you finish the league in 4th as you are now.

That's the plan, just got to watch my finances though since my total balance is only 11mil.

Oh yeah I forgot that it's hard to get WP for him. But as Sam said down sign Cisse by using monthlies.

Oh yeah I forgot that it's hard to get WP for him. But as Sam said down sign Cisse by using monthlies.

It's a really good suggestion too since the scout also said that his best position is as a Deep Lying Forward - Attack so it's perfect! :D

It's a really good suggestion too since the scout also said that his best position is as a Deep Lying Forward - Attack so it's perfect! :D

Yea I had feeling I checked him out week ago when I was looking for good Deep lying forwards. Should definately be worth the 12m.

Yea I had feeling I checked him out week ago when I was looking for good Deep lying forwards. Should definately be worth the 12m.

Is he effective? Because he seems to lack the creativity attribute?

Is he effective? Because he seems to lack the creativity attribute?

I have not used him myself ( played Milan so I got Giuseppe Rossi instead ) , but for AI he's been quite good on my saves and I think he'll do fine for you.

Other player who'll develop into a beast DLF is Erick Torres from Chivas. He'll also work perfectly as poacher. So I recommend signing him also if possible. Also Carlos Fierro from Chivas works fine as either DLF or poacher.

Last edited:
I have not used him myself ( played Milan so I got Giuseppe Rossi instead ) , but for AI he's been quite good on my saves and I think he'll do fine for you.

Other player who'll develop into a beast DLF is Erick Torres from Chivas. He'll also work perfectly as poacher. So I recommend signing him also if possible. Also Carlos Fierro from Chivas works fine as either DLF or poacher.

Ahhh I see, I was thinking of signing Torres at the start of the season but felt other areas needed strengthening but if I have any money left i'll look into signing him and then maybe offload Odemwingie because of his advancing age.

Couldn't sign Cisse or Torres, they both kept failing their work permit, so didn't buy anyone during January transfer window. Will try again in the summer. Going to see if I could use someone like Tchyoi or Paloschi there instead for the time being.

give Luuk De Jong a shout! scouts say he plays best as a Trequartista, which isn't too far from being a DLF.. also Mounir El Hamdaoui. Or Kleber from Palmeiras.